New user would like to know...

How do I know how many calories have been burned after exercising? Is there a formula for this?

I just downloaded Fitness Pal onto my Ipod yesterday. I LOVE IT! I can now take it with me everywhere. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Go to the EXERCISE tab at the top and then to the DATABASE option .. Hope that helps :wink:
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    A lot of people find a Heart Rate monitor to be the best option (I use the Polar FT4 for example)...
    Unless you are tracking a SLEW of things (oxygen, water, resting, etc.) most formulas are all going to be an "average" or "best guess" - I feel really confident with my HRM - it is always higher than what the machine reports, but lower then the default listing from MFP...

If you do a search on calories burned and the name of the exercise you can also find websites - hope that helps!!!
  • Found it! Thank you very much! :flowerforyou:

Trying to get a feel for things here on the site. Your weight loss is inspirational as is CJ who also answered my post! I think I've found something that's going to work this time! :happy:
  • Thanks, CJ! This is a tremendous help! Congrats on your weight loss! Seeing your results has motivated me even more!
  • vrrials
    vrrials Posts: 5
    Hello. I am Fairly new to this outlet on MFP. I am scheduled to go to Air Force Basic Training at the beginning of december and would like to Get into shape before i leave. If anyone has any suggestions or support, please contact me. Thank You So Very Much.