No Sugar Coke (the Coke Zero replacement...)

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    If I go for a diet drink, I normally go for a diet coke. No coke zero, or Pepsi max (blech)

Tried to the new No Sugar Coke tonight, and my god it was awful - perhaps a good alternative for those who currently drink the "full fat" version, as apparently it tastes the same. I'll be sticking to Diet!

Anyone else tried it?

?? Since when is there fat in Coke (or any other soda)?

.... It's a joke. If you want normal you ask for full fat, if you want diet you ask for diet.

Is that in the U.K.? I've never heard that. Are you sure people who say it know it's a joke, or could they just be confused by the decades of dietary advice to avoid fat?

Australia. It's a joke. Probably more related to sugar making you fat than avoiding fat.

Ahhhh. **nods** Thanks.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I like Coke Zero. I'm hoping this new stuff is just a re-branding of it, like Pepsi Zero Sugar was a re-branding of Pepsi Max.

Nope, different taste. I can drink coke zero if I'm desperate, that won't be happening with this new one!

Hmm. That's depressing. I'll try it when it starts replacing Zero in the US. But, ya know, I had Pepsi Zero Sugar the other day and didn't hate it. I always used to be a Pepsi drinker. This move by Coca Cola might send me crawling back to them, groveling for forgiveness.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Full fat coke is a joke in the UK too.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    This new No Sugar Coke is yuck. Coke Zero is so much better. My favourite however is Pepsi Max Vanilla.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Diet Dr. Pepper is where its at.

I've never tried a Dr. Pepper in my life. I'm 36.
    This is bad.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    If I drink soda I go for cherry coke zero it's perfection! But whatever happened to Dr Pepper 10 that stuff was really good can't find it now.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Wait so what is the "no sugar coke" called? I only know diet and zero.

Oh yeah and diet dr. pepper. Doesn't even taste diet. The only reason I don't always choose it is because I think it may have less or no caffeine and I'm a struggling person who needs to be caffeinated every 3 hours.
  • bbell1985
    I found this diet soda the other day called like...chocolate fudge...something something. I know exactly where it is sold so I'll go get it again. It tasted like a *kitten* dessert. I could not believe it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Oh yeah and diet dr. pepper. Doesn't even taste diet. The only reason I don't always choose it is because I think it may have less or no caffeine and I'm a struggling person who needs to be caffeinated every 3 hours.

According to this chart, it's about 41 mg per can, same as regular. Yeah, that's why I went to Starbucks after work this morning, I need way more caffeine today.
  • bbell1985
    malibu927 wrote: »

According to this chart, it's about 41 mg per can, same as regular. Yeah, that's why I went to Starbucks after work this morning, I need way more caffeine today.

oh damn. Good to know.

I've been drinking diet sprite at night thinking that has no caffeine. I guess I should check that too. I'm lazy tho so if anyone wants to look that up, thanks in advance lol.
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    There is thid one diet cream soda i adore its got no aspertine (however you spell it) in it which i love
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

The new one is literally called "coke no sugar". They're phasing out coke zero apparently...
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    mybigfat wrote: »
    There is thid one diet cream soda i adore its got no aspertine (however you spell it) in it which i love

I usually like cream sodas, Do you remember the brand name?
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Here's the press release from Coca-Cola:

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/press-center/company-statements/coke-zero-and-coca-cola-zero-sugar

Apparently in some markets it's called Coke No Sugar and in others it's called Coke Zero Sugar (neither of which is the same as Coke Zero as we've known it).

I drink Diet Coke almost daily. I tried Coke Zero once years ago and thought it didn't taste anything close to regular Coke as purported and preferred the taste of Diet Coke over Coke Zero. I still occasionally indulge in a mini can of regular Coke, so I'll be curious to try the new Coke Zero Sugar/Coke No Sugar.

I wonder if Coke Zero wasn't performing well, hence the formula change AND rebranding?

I also never got to try Coca-Cola Life (the Coke in the green can). I never saw it in any store where I live. It's being discontinued as well.

I'm going to be on the lookout for Coke No Sugar!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I think i posted about this several months ago (around December). in my area it looks like this:
    Coke_Zero_Sugar.jpg

As an avid coke zero / pepsi max fan I can attest to the fact that it tastes.... exactly like coke zero always has. They rebranded because of confusion stemming from the coke zero name... suprisingly enough they did research and found that nearly half of british consumers did not know that coke zero had... zero sugar.

"After the company’s research found half of British consumers did not know the brand contained no sugar, it will be relaunched as “Coca-Cola Zero Sugar” in June, in Coca-Cola Great Britain’s biggest product launch for a decade."

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/19/coca-cola-zero-renamed-uk-taste-more-like-coke-sugar

From their own website:

Why have you named it Coca-Cola No Sugar? We chose the name to be as clear as possible about the fact that the new Coke No Sugar is exactly that – a Coca-Cola with no sugar.

https://www.coca-cola.com.au/en/new-coke-no-sugar-faqs/

so to recap: it tastes 100% like coke zero or most other "zero/max" non-sugar soda varieties.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    They rebrand coke zero to coke zero sugar (apparently people didn't realize coke zero didn't have sugar) in Canada a few months ago and that one tastes exactly the same as coke zero
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Isn't this just a rebranding strategy? Because of all the BS media on artificial sweeteners and the uproar of sugar being the devil, wouldn't a rebranding and saying "no sugar" on a label entice the product to be more desireable?

BTW, Diet Cherry Pepsi FTW.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    If I drink soda I go for cherry coke zero it's perfection! But whatever happened to Dr Pepper 10 that stuff was really good can't find it now.

Word.

I loved the A&W 10....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

I love Dr. Brown's diet cream soda, but can never find it. There's a Zevia one (maybe the one meant, as they all have stevia as the sweetener), but I don't like it nearly as much.

bbell, is the diet chocolate fudge one Canfield's? That was really popular a million years ago when I was in high school and I loved it then and am scared but curious to try it again.
  • bbell1985
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I love Dr. Brown's diet cream soda, but can never find it. There's a Zevia one (maybe the one meant, as they all have stevia as the sweetener), but I don't like it nearly as much.

bbell, is the diet chocolate fudge one Canfield's? That was really popular a million years ago when I was in high school and I loved it then and am scared but curious to try it again.

I'm not sure. There was a big bear on it.