Supplements- Any females use to help soreness and inflammation?

Options
vmbourg
vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
29years old. I have a desk job but I work out 5 days a week during my lunch break. During my "cycle" I have extreme inflammation in my pelvis region that affects my right hip, right knee, and right ankle. It interferes with my workouts a little for 2 weeks out the month. Currently working with doctor on the issue but it's trial and error right now (most my issues are from ovarian cysts) . Any females use supplements for similar issues? I am trying Zinc 50mg and Magnesium 250mg daily.

Replies

• Colectable93
    Colectable93 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Turmeric and fish oil is what I use .
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I take magnesium glycinate 400mg daily or stops me from getting muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. Make sure you're taking a firm that well absorbed. I also soak in epsom salt after workouts that leave me really sore, not sure if it's the hot water or the salts that help but it does. Additionally if I have an area that really aches I'll use salonpas patches they are little minty smelling pain patches that work amazingly well and are really inexpensive
  • Spiegelchan
    Spiegelchan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Turmeric and fish oil is what I use .

Same

• dlm5975
    dlm5975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turmeric helps fight inflammation and so much more. A great Chiropractor can also help tremendously.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Cooking with turmeric, cinnamon and ginger, eating pineapples, and drinking chamomile tea will help. Those are all anti-inflammatory foods. (The warm tea bag placed on an inflamed joint will help with knee/ankle pain.) As far as supplements, stick with the zinc and magnesium and add fish oil and vitamin c.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I use a turmeric and bromelain capsule,seems to work