I like alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    katetwolf wrote: »
    Thanks guys, there was lots of good answers here. I will definitely budget for it but also some lower calorie drinks like the vodka and soda water.
    Bourbon with a splash of water, or on the rocks!

A little 120 proof Knob Creek goes a long way!
  • LahLah_thegreat
    LahLah_thegreat Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I found a wine that is strong with low carbohydrates
    so that I can have it on a regular basis. I'm still losing weight just have to practice moderation.
  • loftus4827
    loftus4827 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez I love love microbrews, but wow do they pack a caloric punch. So if I am drinking it's usually whiskey and diet, beer if I'm going totally crazy
  • orangespd
    orangespd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same experience! I love to indulge in a beer or two with my family every now and again, but most of the time when I go out I'll drink Vodka with soda water and lime juice. It gives me something to sip on without adding an awful amount of calories. The other tricky thing is that once you start drinking, it's harder to stop at one.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have to cut out alcohol to lose weight. But once the weight is off I try to avoid the drinks I really like (white wine) and stick to scotch, which I like but not a ton. Then I sip it and have just an ounce or two.
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So I guess I have to stop my weekend binging then. All the hard work and healthy eating during the week is probably going down the drain then huh? Ugh! Even if it's light, low carb beer??? :s:/
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like alcohol too..6 months out of the year (Sept-Feb), during my "cut" (Mar-Aug) I abstain from alcohol with the exception of my Bday (which is Thursday). My favorite adult beverages are Guinness and Kraken Rum.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've given it up for a year. I wasn't abig drinker, but yes, I'd be far more likely to over eat with drink and over eat the following day.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to have drinks and relax however i cut out a lot of drinking because loosing weight is more important to me so i plan days that i may want to have a drink and save calories for it.. I wouldnt suggest anyone do this but on my birthday i drinked all my calories i didnt go over and i ate absolutely nothing the whole day lol. My husband eats and drinks whatever he wants but im getting use to watching everyone else have drinks bc me being comfortable in my skin feels way better.
  • FXDLs
    FXDLs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wine is the hardest thing for me to cut. I switched to white and rose for summer but half a bottle adds a lot of calories. I have to eliminate the sugary snacks from the daytime.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Missycvt wrote: »
    So I guess I have to stop my weekend binging then. All the hard work and healthy eating during the week is probably going down the drain then huh? Ugh! Even if it's light, low carb beer??? :s:/
    Or you could budget a little into your weekly deficit, cut back a little bit, perhaps lose a little slower, and enjoy yourself...