Starting all over

Options
I am starting all over again trying to lose weight and eat healthy.
I lack motivation

Replies

• hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have started over a couple of times till I learned that it is a Lifestyle change. Eating healthy making good choices of food that is healthy and preparing the family meals and snacks ahead of time.
    For motivation, you have to think how much do I want this!! Its consistency and you have to think of exercise as if its part of your routine for the day.
    You may add me if you like. I have lots of great friends who between me and them can keep you motivated and exciting for your new journey.
    Meanwhile I wish you all the best!! Remember you got this, its just your mind that you have to convince.
  • ketokathy1511
    ketokathy1511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting all over today too :) one day at a time...we got this
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    We all start over every day. Just remember to weigh your food and log it accurately. It'll be ok.
  • suzr84
    suzr84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same here! Good luck x
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    One of my most 'enlightened' moments ever, was when I heard Oprah on television one day say that, "You won't do it until you're ready to do it". It really resonated with me. Until anyone hits that time, just start with learning to eat healthier. Baby steps...choose smaller goals and let the momentum build and guide you. It's the only way I personally have ever been successful. You will have good days, and bad days. Don't let the bad ones beat you up, just get right back in the game.
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again too and it's really hard. I reevaluated my goals, I though if I could just get through one week of eating healthy and exercising I could treat myself and rather than aiming to lose 30kg I would half it and make it 15kg so it wasn't too overwhelming. Once I reach that goal I'll reevaluate again. I had given myself one week and it's now day 9, I haven't treated myself yet because I can't decide what to treat myself with, I don't want to make the wrong choice and waste the treat lol.
    If you've lost weight in the past it's so much harder starting again because you know how much work it takes to get it back off.
  • kebass01
    kebass01 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same here, I just keep imagining the bikini I want to wear for my cruise. Doesn't help when the husband is a garbage disposal without gaining a thing. Tough work, but it is defiantly worth it. I notice my confidence goes up tremendously after 5-10lbs and I do act a little less grumpy. Just got to push through that initial hump. Good luck!
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Make small, very attainable goals that become habits and part of your lifestyle, then move on to the next one. Motivation is quite fleeting. Make eating healthy like brushing your teeth - to where you don't even have to think about it.

Don't reward yourself with food, that's conflating the issue. Maybe it's seeing a friend, or taking a bath with a lush bath bomb, or buying a new book. Also consider adding something healthy, like more vegetables, before removing something negative, like the morning doughnut.
  • sarahwardy1971
    sarahwardy1971 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I start over every day, I just know if I didn't I would be the size of a house