Best and easy inner thigh and butt workout with dumbbells

Options
I'm new to toning up my thighs and wanna burn my inner thigh and butt fat. What are the best and easiest inner thigh and butt workouts using dumbbells? And when is the best time of the day to use them? I do cardio as soon as I wake up and should I do weight training in morning too or later in the day? I also would maybe like a calendar of these workouts if any. Thank you.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you cannot burn inner thigh and butt fat with dumbbells...it does not work that way...you need a calorie deficit for overall fat loss...if you are wanting to build muscle in your legs, look up a program and follow it - that will help more than some random dumbbell exercises.
  • cerafisher814
    cerafisher814 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    All true, you need an overall caloric deficit to get rid of fat, but working out your muscles might help your body direct new food resources to building new muscle instead of maintaining fat. Strength training is still a good thing to do! But first answer is right, don't expect for exercises to do any kind of magically focused "toning." :/

Leg presses and squats are good. You could do lunges while holding the dumbbells to add a little weight to them. I'm a fan of goblet squats (holding a dumbbell at your chest like a goblet) because it's hard to hurt yourself doing them.

Please look up some "fix your form" videos for leg workout before you start though, because you do want to make sure you aren't putting more strain than necessary on your joints.

Strength training really is good for you. Do not worry about getting big. I promise you can't get bulky muscles without really trying hard. I have a friend who deadlifts four hundred pounds. She's tiny and her butt is amazing.
  • perkytwerky
    perkytwerky Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ^^ what she said but you can target those areas for toning. You can look on Youtube for lots of videos I like Rebecca Louise or Gymra is good. Blogilates is amazing too. Some of them will have calendars too for working out if you explore their communities but really you have to work at losing fat everywhere but might as well start toning all those areas so that they look amazing once the muscle is revealed
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    ^^ what she said but you can target those areas for toning. You can look on Youtube for lots of videos I like Rebecca Louise or Gymra is good. Blogilates is amazing too. Some of them will have calendars too for working out if you explore their communities but really you have to work at losing fat everywhere but might as well start toning all those areas so that they look amazing once the muscle is revealed

"toning" doesn't exist, but yes, she can build muscle by starting to target those areas with certain exercises.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Also best and easy usually don't go hand in hand ;)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    ^^ what she said but you can target those areas for toning. You can look on Youtube for lots of videos I like Rebecca Louise or Gymra is good. Blogilates is amazing too.

All 3 of those ladies promote the spot-reduction myth by claiming to lean out certain areas. Besides, it's best to follow a program that works your entire body.
    OP - follow any of the proven programs mentioned here daily, like NROLFW, Stronglifts, Nerd Fitness, etc.
    Keep in mind that most of your results will depend on your calorie intake. :+1: