Not losing much weight..

Options
Hi guys! I need some help~

I've been dieting for a month now, including the week before I joined MFP. However, I have only lost 1kg so far, and am quite worried that I am already reaching a plateau. They say the first few weeks of weight loss is when you lose the most weight, yet I have only lost so little. (55 to 54 kg)
It would be amazing if you could take the time to check out my food diary, to see if there are any problems with my diet :"( Am i eating too much/little?

(Side note: I am not very active during this period as am having examinations, but usually I jog about 8km twice a week.)

Thank you all so much for your help I really appreciate it!

Replies

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I ask because I'm 5'3" and 54kg is my goal weight.

Assuming you are not super short it doesn't seem likely that you have lots of weight to lose in which case .25kg per week (or roughly half a pound) is an ideal rate of loss.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You are barely eating 1,000 calories in many days. Eat a bit more normal? And for studying your brain needs food.
    Agree. You need to state your current weight, age, height, and goals. A woman should get at least 46 grams of protein a day.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    You are not reaching a plateau if you are still seeing weight loss. When you have very little weight to lose your logging needs to be as accurate as possible, I see a lot of cup/item logging rather than weighed out logging.
    6q2e6d3dvqwj.jpg

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    From a quick browse at your diary it does appear that you are under eating on a regular basis. I hope that your inaccuracies in logging (using cups for solids instead of gram weights etc) mean you are actually consuming more than your diary shows.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    At your weight it sounds like you have very little to lose, so 1 kg in a month is a perfect rate of loss
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    At your weight it sounds like you have very little to lose, so 1 kg in a month is a perfect rate of loss

^^^this

Typically, the people who have big losses in the first couple of weeks are those who have a lot more weight to lose. When you have very little, though, the weight comes off much slower.

This is where you want to be as accurate as possible with your tracking.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

3rd for this

Typically, the people who have big losses in the first couple of weeks are those who have a lot more weight to lose. When you have very little, though, the weight comes off much slower.

This is where you want to be as accurate as possible with your tracking.

and second this

adjust your expectations a little bit and settle in with a bit of patience and persistence, it will take time

• clemteen
    clemteen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP started last Monday weighed thus morning and I have a 2 lb weight gain I need help. I start my morning with coffee, heavy whipping cream, stevia, coconut oil and sometimes a pat of butter then mid- morning I my have scramble eggs, bacon or ground sausage. Can anyone help a little
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    clemteen wrote: »
    I'm new to MFP started last Monday weighed thus morning and I have a 2 lb weight gain I need help. I start my morning with coffee, heavy whipping cream, stevia, coconut oil and sometimes a pat of butter then mid- morning I my have scramble eggs, bacon or ground sausage. Can anyone help a little

I would start your own thread. But that isn't enough information to help, do you use a scale? weigh all of your food? How many calories are you eating? Also a week is not enough time to see if what you are do ing is working, weight loss is not linear.
  • clemteen
    clemteen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry for asking in the wrong place, I will start my own thread. Cal is 1420 and yes I have a scale and I weigh something depending what it is. Just needed to know if I doing something wrong. Thanks for info