Body pet hates/trouble spots

Options
2»

Replies

• Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Underarm side cleavage for me too. I don't know how much more fat I can lose, but I'll keep at it starting Wednesday of next week. (Doing my A race of the year on the 4th- can't be in too much of a deficit while I'm training).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I hold fat around my mid section though you can barely get a pinch of skin anywhere else...it's annoying.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Learn to love yourself in the body you have.

Body recomposition is hard enough and time consuming enough. The first step is always to learn to love yourself no matter what your body looks like right now.

+1.

Still, my pet hate has to do with other women's bodies.

I hate to see a woman hold out her arm, wiggle it around, and call out anything on her upper arm that moves as "bat wings", " chicken wings", etc. Typically, if I can make her move into a nice bodybuilder-style flex pose, a whole big bunch of that tightens right up. It was a relaxed triceps muscle, in large part. Sure, there may be some fat or loose skin, but some is muscle.

We women have learned to misidentify our own functional, useful triceps muscles as something "fat" and "ugly", and to hate on them. That's sad.

I hate that.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Even 1 extra pound... straight to the lower-abdomen. I wish it would go to my butt or hips where I have plenty of space. :|
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    moobs.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    my upper abs they've always been my nemesis, once I had them looking good but I was really dieting a lot. I'll keep working on them
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Learn to love yourself in the body you have.

Body recomposition is hard enough and time consuming enough. The first step is always to learn to love yourself no matter what your body looks like right now.

+1.

Still, my pet hate has to do with other women's bodies.

I hate to see a woman hold out her arm, wiggle it around, and call out anything on her upper arm that moves as "bat wings", " chicken wings", etc. Typically, if I can make her move into a nice bodybuilder-style flex pose, a whole big bunch of that tightens right up. It was a relaxed triceps muscle, in large part. Sure, there may be some fat or loose skin, but some is muscle.

We women have learned to misidentify our own functional, useful triceps muscles as something "fat" and "ugly", and to hate on them. That's sad.

I hate that.

I almost came back to say my pet peeve was how much my own body can make me sad sometimes.

If I had one thing to lose or fix- I would change that. I think I'm god damn awesome... and I have some bad hang up days. I'm not delusional- we all have them- even some of us who are really okay with who we are- but sigh- that one thing- that occasional mental hiccup- I wish I could get ride of THAT.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I can confidently say that if you allow me five minutes of examining myself in front of the mirror, I can find something wrong with everything, lol. But my current pet hate is with my thighs, which are huge no matter my BMI and especially so since I really started cycling as transportation (even worse than when I picked up running.) On one hand, they are at least muscular, but on the other hand, they are huge. I know that's kind of "in" right now for women, but I was young and impressionable in the 90s when the ideal was a lot more waifish and I struggle with the fact that I do not have slim thighs like I've always wished for and never been able to achieve. I don't really have the saddlebag or banana roll issue since they're pretty hard thanks to the aforementioned running and cycling, but they are just so large.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    This thread kinda makes me sad. While there are portions of my body that I think I can improve upon, I love how freaking strong my body is. If it stayed this way, I'd be perfectly happy. Even the tiny little sport boobs and the lower belly fat.