I Did It!!!!

Options
helenoftroy1
helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
This is not a normal success story.
I did it... I threw my food away! If any of you know me, you know I have a REAL hard time throwing food away when I'm full.
But today, I sat and thought about it (it was my favourite dish prawn omelette with spinach) and I pondered for awhile. Then I got up and threw it in the bin.
Granted I came straight back to my computer to write about it on here, but you have no idea what a big deal that was for me!
Yay!
:smokin:

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Good Job!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Take charge of your health. You choose what to put in your body. Be guided by your head, not your tummy. :)
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!!! What a wonderful feeling, to just LET IT GO!!!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I know how hard that can be! I was raised with if it is on your plate you have to finish it no matter what! and if you pay for it, you have to eat it all! So very proud of you :drinker:
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    well done! i find it extremely hard to through my food away! can never do it
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    NSV!!!! great non scale victory!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That's a hard one. As a child, my mother would always make me clean my plate. Being raised to finish my meal, well after I was satisfied - is a hard habit to break; and a major reason I'm as big as I got.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That's very inspiring! I too sometimes have trouble pushing a plate away even if I'm full. Next time I want to keep nibbling away, I'll get rid of the food in honor of you!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant, well done hon!!!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    this is why I love this site, as people know how I feel!! It has come from parents saying eat everything on your plate or eat it for breakfast.
    This is the only place that actually understands me (God that sounded slushy!!:love: )
  • felly07
    felly07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done HT!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have such a hard time doing that!! That is very impressive
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Now remember this feeling every single time you hit that full feeling, and how good it is once it's finally in the bin. Well DONE!
  • lgwhizz
    lgwhizz Posts: 65
    Options
    GO HELEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im always a finisher so take great pleasure in reading this!

Yay!
  • Robyrob33
    Robyrob33 Posts: 45
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yay! You go! And you will be surprised at how it becomes a habit and how your attitude toward food changes. I used to always want MY OWN dessert because just one didn't even feel like enough, let alone if I had to share it. Now I always share and it is enough. I always ordered the 12 inch sub at subway. Who could live on that itty bitty little one they offer. Now I always order the smallest one. And it's enough. I used to get three large scoops of ice cream at Baskin Robbins or any other ice cream place. I adore ice cream. Now I choose the one that looks best and order a child's scoop. And I am satisfied. I was eating at my favorite restaurant last week. Food to die for. Every single bite makes my eyes roll back in my head. Hummus, salmon, wilted spinach, and a square of au gratin potatoes. All prepared with fresh herbs and locally grown produce. The hummus was an appetizer and I had a lot left when I finished the flatbread that came with it. I asked for a to go container so I could eat it with veggies later in the week. When my food came, I ate the spinach first. I got full halfway through the salmon and had only eaten about 2 bites of the potatoes. I stuck it all in the take out container and spent the following day anticipating my delicious dinner when I got home. Before I would have wolfed it down, and woke up during the night throwing up in my throat and choking from indigestion. That happened several nights a week. I haven't done it in years now!
    Throwing it out was the first step of many that are going to make you feel SOOOOO good! Good job and congratulations. You are winning over the food!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    But, but, but...aren't there starving children somewhere? Just kidding, great job, girl!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    AMAZING WORK!! Great show of self control.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Small changes, You are empowered!!!

Good for you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!