What's for lunch?

Options
GoRun2
GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
I need some easy lunch ideas. I'm in a rut and bored with lunches. I don't generally have left overs since portion control is easier for me if there is just enough for dinner.

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    whole wheat bread or a wrap and deli roast beef, tuna or deli chicken breast, add low fat cheese.
  • Bedg
    Bedg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad. I keep cooked quinoa on hand in the fridge.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Top a salad of baby spinach and arugula with tabbouleh and (if you've got it handy) shredded, boiled chicken breast, have a couple of pita crisps on the side (if you miss the crunch croutons provide). I usually wash that down with a glass of iced green tea with honey and lemon.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I just completely satisfied myself with this:

half an avocado, drizzled with lime juice.
    Half a large tomato, sliced, with a leaf of fresh basil from my front yard on each slice.

And my leftover strawberries, about 5 ounces, thrown into my Vitamix, along with half a cup of whole milk, a tiny bit of vanilla and about a tablespoon of honey. Blizted into a very quick, easy, delicious smoothie. (Another alternative, which I like a lot, is to hull the strawberries, whip a little cream, and combine the two).
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Omelette
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Taco Salad...chicken or ground turkey, red peppers, onions, salsa, low fat sour cream and yes even some doritos!
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Leftover grilled flank steak with oven roasted broccoli
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon with quinoa and steamed broccoli...Rainier Cherries for desert.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    4 celery sticks, 6 radishes, 2 Tablespoons each of Olive Hummus and Roasted GarlicHummus.
  • NovemberGirl65
    NovemberGirl65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Smart ones Mac and Cheese... LOL
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I make a couscous salad w/fresh veggies. Currently - balsamic, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, roasted pepper, and carrots. If you want - add some grilled chicken or even tuna for protein.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Leftover sweet potato and chickpea curry
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Leftover sweet potato and chickpea curry

That is one of my all time favourite meals. I might make it for dinner :)
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    Black beans with sauteed onions, peppers, fried corn tortilla strips, and jalapeños for a little kick

Edamame, zucchini, celery, mushroom, and scallion stir-fry with or without rice depending on veggie quantities (this can really be any veggies, these are just my favs with edamame for protein)
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Grab yourself a rotisserie chicken from the store, shred it, and then use to top salads or turn into chicken salad. There's a great recipe for curried chicken salad that I just LOVE: http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/curried-chicken-salad

Today I'm having a greek orzo pasta salad on top of baby spinach with sliced rotisserie chicken. OMNOMNOM.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cilantro lime grilled chicken, quinoa, roasted beets, Rainier cherries
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Leftovers-Bummer on the no-leftovers-for-lunch. That's how I make my lunches interesting. How about if you "served" the leftover first? Ya know, move it into the fridge before you sit down to eat dinner?

Today--leftover salmon & peas from dinner over a bed of romaine lettuce with salad dressing. I purposely always cook enough salmon so I get it have it on a salad the next day. So yummy!

I also love Mexican on romaine lettuce with salsa instead of salad dressing. But if I make something specifically for lunch, it usually involves beans. Bean salad w/ homemade vinaigrette sauce, black beans & avocado, etc.