KETOGENIC PEOPLE

Options

Replies

• willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I went low carb (less than 50 grams net carbs) seven years ago and lost over 100 pounds. Two years ago I decided to lose the second, and last, 100 pounds I needed to lose. I have been keto for over a year. There are a lot of calculators on line to help you figure out your macros. Also, lots of Facebook groups. I've lost 97 pounds in the past two years and have 11more to go. My diary is open and new friends are welcome.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Been following Keto for about 2 years. Currently 45 pounds down. I'm going through a rough patch where I'm finding it hard to stay on plan. Always looking for more active keto friends who want to actually support each other rather than just posting their streaks and weights. Feel free to add me.
  • cwood2002
    cwood2002 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    dawnnienay wrote: »
    I just started today also. ROUGH first day. I thought I was doing awesome till I logged all my food! =(

I've gone over my calorie goal on a regular basis but have still lost 5 pounds already. Low carb is key, I watch that one the most!
  • kaybristow01
    kaybristow01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have been doing keto on and off for a few years. Would love some keto friends now that I am recommitting to it - feel free to add me :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Phatcat313 wrote: »
    Looking for people who are going keto

I'm keto but low fat. I lose better this way.

low fat isnt keto. if you are eating low carbs you need something to fuel your body,which is where the high fat comes in.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    cwood2002 wrote: »
    dawnnienay wrote: »
    I just started today also. ROUGH first day. I thought I was doing awesome till I logged all my food! =(

I've gone over my calorie goal on a regular basis but have still lost 5 pounds already. Low carb is key, I watch that one the most!

you were still in a deficit if you lost weight,with ANY way of eating you have to be in a deficit and the first big amount of weight loss in keto is mainly water and glycogen stores.
  • jneerg
    jneerg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto for 4 weeks with 10lbs lost. I love this way of eating. I still have my kryptonite but I stay as far away as I can. Just follow the rules and it will work for you!

• manowarx
    manowarx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just started Keto today in preparation for a more palatable beach appearance in 5 weeks time. Wish me luck :)
  • animegirl1
    animegirl1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been going at it for 7 weeks now. 40lbs down just doing keto.

WOAH! That's amazing!
  • nhoffman7788
    nhoffman7788 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

low fat isnt keto. if you are eating low carbs you need something to fuel your body,which is where the high fat comes in.

Not necessarily, although I assume she meant eating lower fat in terms of the keto diet. Keto is simply just eating x amount of carbs, so the body goes into ketosis. Some people will simply just increase protein intake, while decreasing their fat intake on keto. Tends to help those who are active, and it can help if you're trying to shave a few extra calories, as fatty foods are more calorie dense.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Not necessarily, although I assume she meant eating lower fat in terms of the keto diet. Keto is simply just eating x amount of carbs, so the body goes into ketosis. Some people will simply just increase protein intake, while decreasing their fat intake on keto. Tends to help those who are active, and it can help if you're trying to shave a few extra calories, as fatty foods are more calorie dense.

keto is called low carb high fat for a reason. its not low carb,moderate fat, its not low carb high protein either.its low carb,moderate protein and the rest fat which its stated at least 60% of a keto diet should be fat.you do know that protein is converted into glucose? ketosis is what happens when you dont get enough carbs to be broken down into glucose so your body runs on the fat and that helps it to produce the ketones. There is a difference between keto/low carb.
  • Eliniita
    Eliniita Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Its almost been a weel for me :) Would love to givr/receive support!
  • jameybirch93
    jameybirch93 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Day 2! Bring it.
  • Rochelle3643
    Rochelle3643 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 1 back on Keto for me. I'm all in
  • Ejcejcejc
    Ejcejcejc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Been in ketosis for 10 months...In Food/Settings...I recommend you put carbs and fiber next to each other so you can easily calculate your next carbs every day. I add the answer in the notes box so I can look back easily for the week.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you all haven't consider joining us here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of knowledgable folks at various carb levels.
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Started keto 3 weeks ago. Have lost 15 pounds and 9 inches total. everyone can add me. I love making new friends.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    animegirl1 wrote: »
    Been going at it for 7 weeks now. 40lbs down just doing keto.

WOAH! That's amazing!

Thanks!
  • 2048Bit
    2048Bit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So when doing Keto whats the goal carbs? Ive been trying to stay under 25. Is that good?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    2048Bit wrote: »
    So when doing Keto whats the goal carbs? Ive been trying to stay under 25. Is that good?

The "carb goal" varies greatly from person to person depending on what the end of goal is. That said, 25 carbs per day or less is good.

If you all haven't consider joining us here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of knowledgable folks at various carb levels.

Highly recommend this ^^^^ too!