Chicken thigh

Options
2»

Replies

• cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    100 grams of boneless skinless chicken thighs is more like 200 calories... at least that's "fatsecret" entry ive been using in MFP... taste so much better than white chicken breast, as it should with the calorie bump.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like the whole damn bird! But I have been using a lot of leg quarters lately, they're inexpensive and tasty!
  • MJ2victory
    MJ2victory Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was big on thighs for a while but am back to breasts lately for texture and taste.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The leg
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    The thigh with the skin on is my fav.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I love chicken thighs! I use them almost exclusively unless I am making chicken tenders or chicken salad. They just taste better to me and aren't nearly as dry.
  • MN_22
    MN_22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm making. For curry and soup I do dark meat. Putting on salads or in wraps I do breasts.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Chicken is the only time my husband is a breast man. :smiley: I prefer the boneless, skinless thighs too. Preferably cooked in the crockpot with Italian dressing and soy sauce for 6-8 hours on low. :smile:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    In for leg quarters and the economics! A 10-pound bag of fresh chicken leg quarters (no added water) was $4.80 last week at the Piggly Wiggly (yes, that's a real supermarket name). It resulted in seventeen three-ounce servings of cooked chicken dark meat at $0.28 a serving! Took the bones, tendons, skin, etc. and made 10 cups of "free" luscious, gelatinous broth -- a warm cup of which cures my hunger pangs for hours.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Thigh or wing...but we end up making more breasts because that's what the kids will eat.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Thighs only. Breasts are too bland, so to make them taste like anything worth using the calories for, you're just adding more calories. I'd rather have one thigh and actually enjoy the taste of it.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thighs only. Breasts are too bland, so to make them taste like anything worth using the calories for, you're just adding more calories. I'd rather have one thigh and actually enjoy the taste of it.

BUMP
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thigh, leg quarers or whole bird. All skin on unless a recipe calls for it and even then if I can get away with skin on and bone in I'll do it for the extra flavor.

Plus I exorcise mom privilege and claim all unwanted crispy chicken skin.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    Thigh, leg quarers or whole bird. All skin on unless a recipe calls for it and even then if I can get away with skin on and bone in I'll do it for the extra flavor.

Plus I exorcise mom privilege and claim all unwanted crispy chicken skin.

The last part :D
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    My favorite is chicken wings- but I will eat the thigh or leg - my mom loves the breast
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Love thighs if I can get them boneless or if I want to make broth. I used to not care for breasts because they would always get dry but I finally found a great way to bake them and now love them too. Pound to 1 inch thick, spice up however you want, and bake for 18-19 min at 450 or until they reach 160-170. They come out moist and delicious :-) I also usually give them a salt water soak (and skip salt in the seasoning) but I don't have salt issues.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    My favorite is chicken wings- but I will eat the thigh or leg - my mom loves the breast

Love rotisserie chicken because you get everything :p