No Sugar For 30 Days

Options

Replies

• bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I thought about it being my next tattoo. I work in a doctor's office so drug reps bring in goodies for all of us. Patients sometimes bring in goodies too.
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear y'a! I work in a hospital
  • bdbchick
    Options
    That's awesome! So you def know how it is.
  • pam4413
    pam4413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I was a child and wanted to do something or lose something "weight" my dad would say "tell yourself you CAN do it". Whenever I would say I "can't" he would say "can't is not a word" it is 2 words CAN and NOT. Are you going to choose the positive or the negative....Worked for me.
    Good luck everyone we CAN do this one day at a time.
    Remember, I am a loser, 1 pound at a time.
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Love all the posts - and so glad to see so many people joining in. I have been drinking Dr. Pepper since I was 4 years old. I have decided that I am quitting soda cold turkey. I know I will feel better once I have the cravings out of my system. I also worked in a doctor's office, and loved the days when reps would bring in cakes or bring in lunch. I know from experience how hard it is to just say no. Good luck to everyone.
  • Mom2Maika
    Options
    Good luck to you! I know once you rid yourself of soda you will feel much closer better! I quit soda 12 years ago and haven't looked back since. Lost 10 lbs in 2 months just from giving up the fizzy!
  • bdbchick
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I was super naughty this weekend but I ended up actually losing the weight I gained so yay!
  • 1snowlady
    1snowlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to keep the carbs under 100g for the past 3 days. Guess what? I lost 3 pounds already! I am drinking lots of water too! Yay! Hope you all are getting through the challenge ok!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of no refined sugar. It's not as hard as I thought. I do love cookies, but I can't eat just one, so I'm eating none. I think it makes a difference!
  • Mom2Maika
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of no refined sugar. It's not as hard as I thought. I do love cookies, but I can't eat just one, so I'm eating none. I think it makes a difference!

I feel your dilemma! When I'm convminc
  • bdbchick
    Options
    Yesterday was really hard for me to keep from going out to dinner/drinks after my really long (and frustrating) day at work. I resisted however! Still going strong :smiley:
  • izzybelle2013
    Options
    So glad you were strong bdbchick. Today I was not. I fell off the wagon and had several pieces of mini Reese's pb cups. Guess I was just tired. Back on track now, rest of the weekend will go better.
  • bdbchick
    Options
    At least you didn't eat the whole bag OP.
  • izzybelle2013
    Options
    Got a real sugar craving. Plus is hubby's bday and had to make his favorite cake. And REALLY feeling the loss of my Dr. Pepper. But, I have lost a total of 58 lbs in the last year and a half, so I know I can do this!
  • Mom2Maika
    Options
    The reward of being fit and healthy tastes much better than a 5-minute indulgence. You'll be so proud of yourself if you get through this.
  • Mom2Maika
    Options
    Question for everyone: Do you find artificial sweeteners tame or increase your cravings for actual sugar?
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I've been following along here, everyone's doing so well! I'm on Day 3. I'm just going to count my streak... Feeling really good coming off 20 days sugar free in early June and finding myself rolling along without it. I hope you don't mind me jumping back on with this challenge!
    Mom2Maika wrote: »
    Question for everyone: Do you find artificial sweeteners tame or increase your cravings for actual sugar?

Increase. Definitely.

• bdbchick
    Options
    Had dinner at hooters with my dad and bro and resisted the curly fries and my usual sangria. Go me (and everyone else of course)!
  • izzybelle2013
    Options
    I am so glad everyone is doing well. Keep it up. I really only use artificial sweeteners in my coffee, or sometimes iced tea. So I can't say it affects me either way.
  • coolgirl11
    coolgirl11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For true food addicts sugar is as bad as cocaine for addictive properties. I gave it up for good not just 30 days and gave up bread too and lost weight but be careful you do not eat more fruit to compensate or curse and other high fats. I feel so much better as this is my lifestyle change. If you are a food addict you try to never go back to it . Check out Susan pierce Thompson PhD she wrote a book about this and it's the best one I have seen about sugar and food addiction and believe me I have read them all!