1,310 cals

Options
Is 1,310 cals was ok for 2lbs loss per a week? Depend if it works for me lose weight or not either as I will find out soon :)

Do you all eat normal foods or healthier foods like protien and vegetables throughout the day?

I'll trying to keep my calories under or just over 1,000 cals either

Do u all focus on your calories or grams or fat% carb% protien% etc?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    That sounds way too extreme. Go by what MFP gives you. Worry about your fats and carbs and proteins if you're going over your numbers or not getting enough. Eat a well rounded diet as much as possible.
  • tropiz9
    tropiz9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chef_Barbell... Ok I will do. Thanks
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Eat the 1310 calories. Depending on your goals, you can eat "clean" or decide to eat smaller quantities of what you currently eat. For me, I do both. I try and eat veggies with my lunch and dinner, snack on fruit, but also enjoy some chocolate at night. Weigh you food with a scale, and log it here. For me, I focus on calories only at first (didn't want to overload myself) then after a couple months I started to look at the macros such as fat, carbs, protein, etc..
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    By not eating the calories you are given, you are not giving your body the proper nutrition. Doing that for too long will have some nasty side effects. You don't want to start loosing your hair, do you? Eat your 1310.

I eat plenty of normal food throughout the day, but I do try to make sure I hit my fat and protein goal everyday. The more protein you can consume, the less lean muscle you will lose while losing weight. You will lose some, but do all you can to preserve what you have.
  • tropiz9
    Options
    If your goal is 1,320, there's no reason to keep your calories at 1,000. You'll be happier and have more energy if you don't undereat. It will also make it easier to meet your nutritional needs.

Foods with protein and vegetables are normal foods to me. If by "normal," you mean some of your favorite foods that are typically considered off-limits when losing weight, there's no reason why you can't include them unless they keep you from meeting your calorie goals. When I was losing weight, I sometimes had things like chocolate, wine, french fries, or candy. As long as you meet your calorie goal consistently, you will lose weight.

I make sure I get sufficient fat and protein, but I'm not super-focused on my macros. Calories will create weight loss. Macros are for nutrition and fitness.

Fab! Thank for your replying and got what you mean. I will have a naughty treat often and sametime keep my calories to see if it work :)
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi! I eat 1500-1600 a day. I've never had success eating less than that. It made me tired, and I constantly thought about food because I was so hungry. I'm 5 ft 2. I try to eat as balanced as possible. I don't track macros, but you'll reach a point where you can just tell if you're fueling your body correctly. You'll feel better and more energized if you stick to "real" foods like lean meat, fruit, and veggies, but overall I really do eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my calories for the day. Yesterday I wanted pizza, and I had 400 cals left, so a mini pizza it was. :)
  • tropiz9
    Options
    That sounds way too extreme. Go by what MFP gives you. Worry about your fats and carbs and proteins if you're going over your numbers or not getting enough. Eat a well rounded diet as much as possible.

Oooh ok, I'll trying to keep my calories and trying eat more healthier foods
  • tropiz9
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Eat the 1310 calories. Depending on your goals, you can eat "clean" or decide to eat smaller quantities of what you currently eat. For me, I do both. I try and eat veggies with my lunch and dinner, snack on fruit, but also enjoy some chocolate at night. Weigh you food with a scale, and log it here. For me, I focus on calories only at first (didn't want to overload myself) then after a couple months I started to look at the macros such as fat, carbs, protein, etc..

Ahh right ok cool, sound like flexible diets then. I'll focus on my calories then. Thanks :)

By the way how much have u lose in the first week then in a month?
  • tropiz9
    Options
    By not eating the calories you are given, you are not giving your body the proper nutrition. Doing that for too long will have some nasty side effects. You don't want to start loosing your hair, do you? Eat your 1310.

I eat plenty of normal food throughout the day, but I do try to make sure I hit my fat and protein goal everyday. The more protein you can consume, the less lean muscle you will lose while losing weight. You will lose some, but do all you can to preserve what you have.

Oh, no thanks I don't want to loosing my hair and i will to keep my calories on level and how much you have lost in first week and a months?
  • tropiz9
    Options
    Hi! I eat 1500-1600 a day. I've never had success eating less than that. It made me tired, and I constantly thought about food because I was so hungry. I'm 5 ft 2. I try to eat as balanced as possible. I don't track macros, but you'll reach a point where you can just tell if you're fueling your body correctly. You'll feel better and more energized if you stick to "real" foods like lean meat, fruit, and veggies, but overall I really do eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my calories for the day. Yesterday I wanted pizza, and I had 400 cals left, so a mini pizza it was. :)

Hi :)
    Interesting, everyone is different!

I hate feel hungry or staving!
    I will trying to keep my calories on level and more eating protien and vegetables and some naughty treat often too!

Sound flexible diets! :)

How much you have lost in first week and a months?
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories you're given unless you are saving them for a day where you plan to go way over like many people here do.

It's hard to tell someone else what to eat to feel energized and healthy. For a lot of people, tons of protein works. For me... too much protein makes me a bit sluggish. I find adding a lot of dairy (the fats) and tons of berries (blueberry, strawberry, and raspberries) to my diet everyday really gives me the best feeling of health, energy, and fullness.

But you have to find what balance fits your body. If eating a certain way fuels your body well, go for it. If you're not sure, the macros MFP sets for you are a good starting point. But you can adjust them or plain old ignore them, too.