Feeling pumped!

Options
fitand50inSD
fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
I am 51 years old (new grandma for the first time last week). At the end of March I decided that I wanted to lean out and get stronger. I had a healthy BMI and exercised regularly (lots of Pilates, a little weight lifting and lots of walking), but wasn't particularly excited about how I looked without clothes on.

At the end of March when I started using MyFitnessPal seriously I weighed 145. I started a 5 day a week weight lifting plan and macro based nutrition plan under the guidance of a personal trainer. He provides the work out detail through an app, but I do all of the lifting on my own. I started out at 1500 calories a day, started doing periodic carb refeeds in May and am now up to 1830 calories a day (current breakdown 37% protein, 41% carbs, 22% fat.) I have seen a steady decrease in weight during this time, but really noticed the difference in my progress photos this morning. I am very disciplined and have stayed on plan with both my food and exercise.

The first photo was on 4/4/17 and I weighed 139.5
The second photo is today (6/24/17) and I weigh 126.6 (haven't seen this number in my married adult life)
My plan right now is to try and stay in the 126-129.9 (choosing the top at 130 would be to easy :wink: )
One other fun fact - I did a Polar Age Body Assessment at my fitness center about a month ago and my Polar Age was 34 (17 years younger than my chronological age.)

Just wanted to share because I have been so motivated by all of the changes I have seen in this forum!1zbwbemyh9kr.jpg
xbwxcxnxhlj5.jpg

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Holy momma!
  • fitand50inSD
    Options
    Holy momma!

Or Holy Grandmomma :D !
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm hugely impressed. Great job!
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Very disciplined!!! What a progress in just a little over than two months!
  • rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Not only do you look amazing, but no doubt the benefits for your health are very good indeed.

Well done, so impressive. And yes, your figure definitely belies your chronological age!

This is exactly why I believe health, exercise and especially resistance training should, to within reason, be lifelong.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Hawt looking Grandma!
    Congratulations
  • ShyFromCanada
    ShyFromCanada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That is amazing progress. If you had not said your age at the beginning, I would have put you in your 20's based on your body.
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thats awesomw!
  • fitand50inSD
    Options
    That is amazing progress. If you had not said your age at the beginning, I would have put you in your 20's based on your body.

Thank you very much!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You look great - an inspiration to us other over 50 women who are still fighting the good fight.
  • whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • fitand50inSD
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    You look great - an inspiration to us other over 50 women who are still fighting the good fight.

Thank you, NextPage! I like to think of age as just a number. I actually feel younger, healthier and more vibrant then I did 20 years ago.
  • just8apple
    just8apple Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You have motivated me❗️Well done
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow just wow. BTW you looked great before but there is a significant difference.
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Great job!!!
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is really Incredible
    CONGRATS ♥
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous...and even your 'before' pics are evidence of hard work and fitness. This is might impressive at any age!!! You look fit and healthy and more than that, I'm sure there's a big smile on your face! Very inspirational.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!