Help me figure out my calorie goal

Options
I can't figure out what my calorie intake should be. I run about 20 miles a week, I'm 5'5", 138ish lbs. I'd like to slowly cut to 125 or so. Right now I'm at 1550 but I'm always starving. I'd like to bump to 1700 but I'm worried that would be more of a maintenance level. I'd like to eat around the same each day and not mess around with eating back exercise calories

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Is 1550 what MFP gives you? The consensus I've seen around the boards is that smaller weight losses can take longer. Also having meals that are more protein dense but not high in calories could help you feel hungry less.
  • Catsinsocks
    Catsinsocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MFP gives me 1410 to lose .5 a week. I bumped it up because I would eat my hand at 1400. I know That's not taking into account exercise, I just really dislike fluctuating calorie days and the "earning" food through exercise idea bothers me. I just want a number I can eat consistently through the week and still lose, I don't mind if it's slowly
  • brookekaczor
    brookekaczor Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 200 lbs and 5'10" I estimate 100 calories per mile and it has been working fine for me. There are calculators at runner's world and other places to help you out.
  • Catsinsocks
    Catsinsocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 200 lbs and 5'10" I estimate 100 calories per mile and it has been working fine for me. There are calculators at runner's world and other places to help you out.

Thank you this is really helpful. If I take the 1410 mfp gives me and multiply is by 7 for the week and add 2000 for the exercise and divide by 7 I get 1695