Overate

Options
Guys I ate close to 3000 calories today. I went back to a physical location where I tend to eat without thinking and now I am devastated. I did have a 400 calorie deficit from the last 2 days. But 3000 is 3x what I want to eat. Now I feel *kitten*, emotionally drained and sad. Please help. I finally lost 5 lbs and now I feel like I am not gonna be able to recover.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Okay. Take a deep breath. Drink an extra glass of water. Learn from this experience. Move on. And if your goal is only 1,000 calories you need to be eating at least 1200 and even that is likely too low, hence the rebellion and eating 3,000. Eat at a moderate deficit so you don't feel the need to eat all the food when you get the chance...
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely eat more, find ways to fit 'treats' into your daily diet.
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    First- forgive yourself. Life happens. Weight loss is a journey, not a marathon.

Next- your calorie limit you have set up may be too small and you can play with that so that you feel like you are satisfied and energized and achieving your goals. Take your time because in the long run you will be more successful.

Finally- is this place-restaurant? a place you enjoy going with others? What I mean- there are some things that for me are triggers to a downward spiral. I need to avoid them all together- believe it or not saltine crackers does that. Some things I just have to manage my calorie budget very well. My favoritist treat in the world is a Reese's Pieces Sundae (like 900 calories) when I go back to my hometown on vacation. I generally can stay on program- incorporate that once or twice during my stay and I still stay within my goals. I am imagining your place is like a Chevy's (Mexican) Restaurant- starting with baskets of chips and salsa.... margaritas by the pitcher.... and fajitas still grilling as they arrive at the table. I can manage that too with planning. I check out the menu ahead of time- know exactly what I can order- grilled chicken and vegetables (there is a chicken salsa enchilada I enjoy). The chips I either avoid completely or I will find a large chip and then start breaking it in half, take my time, dip it in salsa, take a bite or two, talk, finish the half- dip the second half just prolong it- I make a mental note of how many I have and stop at 5- I will have one margarita and sip it slow and alternate with water- and stick with that. Is the menu/nutritional information on the internet? Pre-log your choices and then do order exactly that. Then go and enjoy your company and have a good time. Do not log while you are at the restaurant. You can ask your server to adjust things- vegies instead of fries, salad dressing on the side, but I try not to make it too hard. Or, pick a weight goal along the way- and decide when you have reached that then you get to go again with no worries or regrets but then get right back to program the next day.

Do not punish yourself tomorrow. Wake up and eat and log your food as you have been doing- do not skip a meal or two thinking you can make up for it. Consider getting right back on track your success because it is.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I want to remind you of your own words in another thread just a few days ago:
    natashab61 wrote: »
    Hi - I think I would suggest to start enjoying the food you give yourself permission for. This guilt we feel after eating something delicious makes that meal worthless. Honestly give yourself permission and compensate for the calories over the week by eating less. Have a light eating day before a going out. Be kind to yourself. That is the only and best way to succeed. Also try to buy a smaller portion of the food.
    I know buying a bucket of wings is cheaper per piece vs like a pack of 6 but buying less means eating less. Also don't eat in fast food restaurants. Bring it home. Otherwise you will be tempted to buy more.

Hope this helps! You got this. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    natashab61 wrote: »
    Guys I ate close to 3000 calories today. I went back to a physical location where I tend to eat without thinking and now I am devastated. I did have a 400 calorie deficit from the last 2 days. But 3000 is 3x what I want to eat. Now I feel *kitten*, emotionally drained and sad. Please help. I finally lost 5 lbs and now I feel like I am not gonna be able to recover.

Stop starving yourself, set your calorie goal to a more reasonable deficit and then you won't need to binge.