eating after work??? anybody struggle with this???

Options
I have an extremenly busy job at a university and as long as I am at work, I find myself able to completely focus on work and eating becomes secondary...even tertiary. AS SOON AS I walk in the door at home therein starts the struggle. I am making much better choices but I'd like too see any hints or tips you guys may have to make it through the downside of my day...

Replies

• Chrissy2627
    Options
    I have a similar issue and have finally come to terms with the fact that I am a snacker and that I like to snack at night. Knowing this helps me plan for the rest of the day to make sure that I dont go over on calories. I try to eat snacks that aren't horrible when I do eat at night (fiber 1 bars, fruit, popcorn).
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    What do you do when you get home? Do you have lots of free time? I notice that I tend to reach for snacks when I'm glued in front of the TV. So what I've been trying to do is limit my sedentary time by planning stuff to do around the house or getting out of the house for a walk/run.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    the simplest answer would be to make sure you eat while at work
  • IDoIt73
    IDoIt73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I myself also have a very busy job and the way i get through is to pack those easy to grab but healthy snacks, but if i have a wonderful breakfast i tend to not think about food while working. but if i let the hours go y without food i'm like you, soon as i step through the door i head to the kitchen.. The KEY is to eat small meals throughout the day ut if you are nut that hungry grab a piece of fruit...
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Load the car with great, satisfying snacks and water. Determine to hit your frustrations head on!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, I do Zumba as soon as I walk in the door (and change clothes) and that keeps me busy till 7:00. Then it takes about another 15 -30 min to start feeling hunger again, then I'll have a glass of wine and maybe some soynuts and start thinking about what to cook for dinner. So, I don't have a lot of time to munch.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I have a full drawer of snacks at my desk at work, so when I get home, I usually don't have many calories left.

My snack drawer consists of peanut butter crackers, small cans of fruit and a bag of craisins. I don't even have to get up to eat them.