If you're not even going to read my profile , please don't b

Options
Let me first start by saying...I LOVE MFP, however....

I have noticed in my short time here that some folks are ALL about collecting friends (then ignoring them) and putting people down... THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK! I repeat NOT FACEBOOK!!!!

Most people are on here for serious reasons, including myself!! If you are not going to find out my story(or don't care) and not going to truly be with me on this journey, PLEASE don't add me as a friend! If you are NEVER going to respond to what I post, dont add me! If you have 500 friends and don't ever log in, skip me over. I am changing my whole life here...I need people who can relate, care and respond!! I am more than willing to do these things, and I expect the same in return.

MFP is supposed to be a safe place to find support and encouragement for the goals we are trying to accomplish and the changes we are trying to make. LET'S MAKE IT THAT PLACE! Thanks! :)

Replies

• arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I have noticed in my short time here that some folks are ALL about collecting friends (then ignoring them) and putting people down... THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK! I repeat NOT FACEBOOK!!!!

Most people are on here for serious reasons, including myself!! If you are not going to find out my story(or don't care) and not going to truly be with me on this journey, PLEASE don't add me as a friend! If you are NEVER going to respond to what I post, dont add me! If you have 500 friends and don't ever log in, skip me over. I am changing my whole life here...I need people who can relate, care and respond!! I am more than willing to do these things, and I expect the same in return.

MFP is supposed to be a safe place to find support and encouragement for the goals we are trying to accomplish and the changes we are trying to make. LET'S MAKE IT THAT PLACE! Thanks! :)

^^^THIS! Amen!! And Thank you!! I will repeat "This is NOT FACEBOOK!!"
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Loved this!! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    That is how I feel too!
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • MrsJ25
    MrsJ25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!!!!! I'm her to encourage and to get encouraged. Add me as a friend if u like!
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I quite agree. It's great that you and hubby are on this journey together, well done on your success so far, and good luck with the rest of your journey:)
  • DeHaase
    DeHaase Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Encouragement and help when needed! Feel free to add me.
  • IDoIt73
    IDoIt73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I Agree to the fullest... I appreciate all my friends, im not into the 300 - 500 friends..
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I agree! I don't understand why people gather as many friends as possible just to ignore them. Maybe they're looking for more people to comment on their profiles? That's why I have one friend, and she's someone I've known online for several years and the one who showed me MFP.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I love this, and totally agree with you! We need people who care and can/will encourage us and help us out. If we could have done this alone we wouldn't be here for the support. You can add me if you'd like. Have a great day!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I probably seem like one of these people, but only because I'm new and have started adding people to connect with them. Most of them who have been success stories. Many women who like myself were morbidly obese, or obese and are now endurance athletes or just fit in general. I fell off track late last year/early this year and I want as much support/motivation as I can - which is why I've added a ton of people recently.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    I have like 6 friends and just one of them ever says something to my posts... I do say stuff to them but hey, I'm no friend to worry about. Should I just keep the one? :D
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I probably seem like one of these people, but only because I'm new and have started adding people to connect with them. Most of them who have been success stories. Many women who like myself were morbidly obese, or obese and are now endurance athletes or just fit in general. I fell off track late last year/early this year and I want as much support/motivation as I can - which is why I've added a ton of people recently.

Me too . .. only been on here 11 days and still getting used to how it works . . .feel a bit silly sometimes giving people 'advice' when I'm so new to this and so vastly over weight I clearly have no idea what I'm on about!! Please give us a chance to work out how to use this brilliant site :)
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie, too! But I am trying to connect! Feel free to add me :)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself!!!! :happy:
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Totally agree...Just like if ppl friend request me, I need a message to go with the request. Im not friend collecting! :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I also feel that way about Facebook, I'm not there for a popularity contest. I don't need numbers, just want to interact and relate, support and encourage.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options

Me too . .. only been on here 11 days and still getting used to how it works . . .feel a bit silly sometimes giving people 'advice' when I'm so new to this and so vastly over weight I clearly have no idea what I'm on about!! Please give us a chance to work out how to use this brilliant site :)

I was not aiming my rant at new MFPers by any means...if anything let it be a warning to choose your friends wisely, especially if you are serious about this. Find people with similiar goals and interests and build from there. :)

Thanks everyone for your responses...I hope MFP can truly stay supportive!! Good Luck with your goals! :)
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree! I am NOT just a number! ;)