Protein

Options
Hi I need inspiration/ suggestions on protein I need to eat 122g of the stuff. Thanks all

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you need to do that. A balanced diet is usually sufficient, and much easier to stick to than an unbalanced diet. And sticking to diet is what's important. Foods rich in protein is meat, fish, eggs, seafood, beans, nuts and seeds, some grains. Browse through some cookbooks and see if you can find something that looks good.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    The minimum daily requirement for women of protein is 46 grams / day. I try to get 70. Why do you need so much?
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    how many meals/snacks do you eat a day? 3? 5? Divide it out and hit those numbers. I found success just making sure I hit 20g protein every time I ate, 6x/day.

Make your snacks protein heavy. (Eggs, jerky, lunchmeat, turkey pepperoni...mmmm...)

Have protein shakes.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Protein Powder...make shakes (my daily shake is 36g itself), add it to greek yogurt or oatmeal. You can add unflavored isolate into pretty much any liquid or mashed food...I add it to squash and mashed potatoes sometimes. Steak, Chicken, Burgers...all high protein and delicious foods.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ideally I eat my goal weight in lbs converted to grams, which is 224lb so i try for 220g of protein. Obviously different goals and circumstances to you but really not that hard to eat 100g of protein, for example 2 chicken breasts is going to be approx 80g, handful of nuts a couple of times a day, cottage cheese, tuna...you'll soon be at your target protein.
  • sophiegirl14377
    sophiegirl14377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For those saying oh the minimum requirements for protein are XX or why do you need so much protein......

Proteins are extremely important to our health. Here’s why:

-These nutrients are fundamental to our architecture as humans. Without them, our cells, organs, muscles, connective tissue, and our bones could not hold together.
    -Proteins are important to our metabolism. All enzymes that help trigger chemical reactions are proteins.
    -They help our immune functions. Many of the key molecules in our immune system are proteins.
    -They carry nutrients around our bodies.
    -They preserve lean muscle mass.
    -They contribute to our growth.

So if you're looking to lose weight and gain muscle here are recommendations:

Average healthy sedentary adult (male or female) that does NOT work out or have any related goals. This is just what I consider to be a good minimum daily protein intake for general health/function. 0.5-0.7 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Average healthy adult (male or female) that IS doing some form of exercise regularly or IS trying to improve their body (lose fat, build muscle, etc.). This is the minimum I’d recommend in this case. 0.8-1 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Average healthy adult FEMALE whose primary goal is building muscle, getting “toned,” maintaining muscle while losing fat, increasing strength or improving performance. 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Average healthy adult MALE whose primary goal is building muscle, getting “toned,” maintaining muscle while losing fat, increasing strength or improving performance. 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Protein powder