Little Victories

Options
I was on my way home from running errands and was so hungry I was getting a headache, I thought I'd go through a drive-thru and get chicken fries (because protein). But as I passed the fast-food place, I told myself there's plenty of food at home, and if I'm still hungry and need protein I'll make a protein shake, which I did!
Let me know a small victory you made today, whether it was going an extra 5 min in cardio, whether it was saying no to ice cream, or you did a bomb meal prep!

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    One trick you could try is to keep a baggie of almonds in your purse. Or a protein bar, fiber one bar, etc. A good habit. Sounds like you will be successful. Good luck.
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    One trick you could try is to keep a baggie of almonds in your purse. Or a protein bar, fiber one bar, etc. A good habit. Sounds like you will be successful. Good luck.
    Good point! I usually do, but I grabbed a different purse today and didn't realize there were no snacks in it! Usually I keep a mandarin, apple, or almonds in my bag (just like you suggested).
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I keep Ostrim meat sticks with me for this purpose. 80cals and 14 grams of protein.

My victory was yesterday in realizing, thanks to my spreadsheet, that my Fitbit is complete and utter *kitten* and Im over-eating.
    Back to TDEE - 20%.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    What is kitten? Is it when you type a bad word like *kitten*, it shows up kitten?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    What is kitten? Is it when you type a bad word like *kitten*, it shows up kitten?

Yes... it changed $h!t to kitten
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The leggings I wore to walk the dogs last night with my husband were "falling off of you babe!", and I'm at the point where I can really consider switching back down to my medium scrub pants and large tops instead of the large pants and xl tops I've been rocking since back from maternity leave. One day, my pants and tops may be the same size... but while breastfeeding it is never that day lol.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The leggings I wore to walk the dogs last night with my husband were "falling off of you babe!", and I'm at the point where I can really consider switching back down to my medium scrub pants and large tops instead of the large pants and xl tops I've been rocking since back from maternity leave. One day, my pants and tops may be the same size... but while breastfeeding it is never that day lol.

I put my favorite pajama pants on last week and they actually fell down, I can relate. I was happy and sad at the same time.
  • rdlobster49
    rdlobster49 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I stopped to get a salad on the way to work today. And I thought since I was eating a good lunch that the donuts would balance things out. Im glad I passed on the donuts. I will feel better eating the salad and not recording all the donut calories!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I did longer on my evil exercise machine today and it felt gooooood :) Said no to cake at work AND ventured into the pastry section at the supermarket, bought my beau his favourite Danish and wasn't even even tempted :#
  • WyldHaggis
    WyldHaggis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I said no to the green tea cake served at lunch at work today, AND to the chocolate brownie served at 3 pm for the June birthdays celebration, all the while sitting some 3 metres from said plate of cake.

For me, this is serious wow. :)
  • evergreenlake
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    I keep Ostrim meat sticks with me for this purpose. 80cals and 14 grams of protein.

My victory was yesterday in realizing, thanks to my spreadsheet, that my Fitbit is complete and utter *kitten* and Im over-eating.
    Back to TDEE - 20%.

Sometimes the victories are catching yourself in time in order to make adjustments, good job!
  • evergreenlake
    Options

That's awesome progress!
    In all actuality, I don't think I'm ever going to be the same size on top and bottom lol it's all about feeling good and looking good in the clothes though
  • evergreenlake
    Options
    Good job to everyone who's said no to that piece of cake, those sweet pastries, or going out to get ice cream!

Today I weighed myself and I'm almost at my goal weight! So I went and recalculated my BMR and my macros and found out I'm ready for some serious adjustments :) also doing better at not eating too much fat.
    What was an accomplishment you had today?