Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What to do if I slip up?

If I slip up on my diet (like today, I just had some brownies), is it better to continue to eating my meals like normal or should I not eat for the rest of the day to make up the calories?

Replies

• SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    I would drink plenty of water and eat a light dinner.
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Don't skip your meals, just make them healthier or eat a little less.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    I try and tweak my planned meals for the rest of the day to make them a little lower in cals but not skip altogether. I also try and do a bit extra exercise to burn some more but again not so much that I injure/exhaust myself. I finfd I can make up 200-300 cals fairly easily with these 2 things so depends how far over you've gone.
    If this doesn't work just don't give in to the "Today is already bad I might as well eat as much as I like" voice in your head and get back on plan tomorrow. This last bit is the MOST important, one slip up will not ruin all your hard work.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    A co-worker brought me an unexpected cannoli today. I don't consider it a slip-up. I consider it a bonus ;) (although I will skip tonight's planned ice cream).
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Go immediately back to your plan. Otherwise you create a cycle of hunger and bingeing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You still need to eat because you need the nutrition and energy.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,632 Member
    Log it and go on normally, as a generality. Especially true if its a rare thing.

If eating some special item makes you less hungry later, it's fine to eat a little lighter later in the day, as long you don't sacrifice important nutrition goals to do it.

Basically, don't sweat about it. Just don't make it a routine habit. You'll be fine.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Go immediately back to your plan. Otherwise you create a cycle of hunger and bingeing.

This.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I might tweak a meal later in the day. Reduce portions or switch to leaner meat. I might add a bit of walking if I can. But when the next day comes, I go right back to plan.