Will i gain it all back ?

Options
For the past week i found out im having some marriage problems. Ive been very anxious and hurt and stressed and I struggled to eat or drink water but i forced myself to minimally. Also i was very anxious and can tell my body was overstimulated. I went from 148lbs to now 142. Curious if i start eating normally again at my calories that i was losing at before will i still gain it all back ? The 6lbs are noticable around my tummy an armpits as odd as it may seem. And i was not muscluar before whatsoever so i dont think its muscle but than again who knows. Any opinions

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    First, sorry you are jabbing b5 some difficulties in your personal life. That's no fun. Hope things work out for the best for you in the long term.

Human being tend to drastically change their normal habits under extreme stress. As we either acclimate to the stress, or the stressing event ends, we typically return to our normal patterns.

If you return to your normal patterns, you'll see the weight return.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    First, sorry you are jabbing b5 some difficulties in your personal life. That's no fun. Hope things work out for the best for you in the long term.

Human being tend to drastically change their normal habits under extreme stress. As we either acclimate to the stress, or the stressing event ends, we typically return to our normal patterns.

OP is asking if she'll gain weight eating in her previous calorie deficit not if she returns to 'normal patterns'.

@jla2425 you may find when you start eating more you retain water more than usual causing a temporary gain on the scale because of the change in macros, however as long as you're in a deficit you should still be able to continue to lose.

It may however be worth eating at maintenance for a week or two to help your body recover from the stress and stimulation and then return to your previous calorie goal. Look after your body, you only get one!

• fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It may however be worth eating at maintenance for a week or two to help your body recover from the stress and stimulation and then return to your previous calorie goal. Look after your body, you only get one!

I agree. Worrying about whether or not you'll regain the weight after such a stressful time just causes more stress and that's more likely to cause you to regain some (or all of the weight) then going back to maintenance or your deficit.

As to whether or not you'll regain the weight... no one can say for sure (not even a Dr) as it will be more dependent on how the stress effected your body and how long it will take for the cortisol, adrenaline and hormone levels to get back to normal. But don't stress over it. Just be patient.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options

OP is asking if she'll gain weight eating in her previous calorie deficit not if she returns to 'normal patterns'.

@jla2425 you may find when you start eating more you retain water more than usual causing a temporary gain on the scale because of the change in macros, however as long as you're in a deficit you should still be able to continue to lose.

Thank you. I did misread that she was eating at a deficit to begin with and losing already.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    In other news, I'm seriously going to throw this f'ing phone at a wall... The autocorrect is so god awful random. jabbing b5? WTF?

Just curious, what kind of phone is that?
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    In other news, I'm seriously going to throw this f'ing phone at a wall... The autocorrect is so god awful random. jabbing b5? WTF?

SwiftKey is an excellent option over all others, IMO.