15lbs to go...

alexialmann
alexialmann Posts: 36 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Should I drop my weekly goal from 2lbs a week to a little less, since I don't have much left to lose or just keep going?

Started at 250
Started MFP at 248
Weight now is 195
Final goal is 180
(I'm 5'8, 43-33-43)

Thanks!

(Yes, I know the upper limit of healthy BMI for my height is 164lbs. I have been that weight and I looked fake and felt awful. I don't have any desire to go that low again. I have wide hips and a 36G natural chest, that weight makes me look ridiculously exagrated in shape.)

Replies

• holderh1
    holderh1 Posts: 41 Member
    If your not hungry and your still loosing I would keep it as is, but if your having a hard time staying within your calorie goal I would go to a pound a week.

For me I'm happier slow and steady. I'm over trying to lose as quick as possible.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Congratulations on your accomplishment!

Of course the weight loss rate is totally personal, but I suggest you taper toward your goal. As all dieters know (the hard way) the hardest part is long term maintenance. At first, your body conspires to get the weight back. (I've been on maintenance for two months, and I think it's harder than losing.) You will need to keep tracking for a long time.

I also blew past my original goal this spring by tapering. I found that I could keep going longer at a slower loss rate, and I felt fine.

Best of luck!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    I'd drop to 1 pound. Most suggest for the last 10 dropping to .5
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I'd suggest dropping to a pound per week. But my reason is a little different than some I've read before.

I'm doing maintenance for 2 weeks to give myself a break from being at a deficit for the last several months. I'm having a VERY hard time eating at that level because it's considerably more than I have been eating. I feel like I'm forcing myself to overeat just to reach a higher calorie goal. And frankly, I feel bloated and overly full.

Which is kind of weird considering I consistently ate way more calories than I need to eat at maintenance now. And I did it for years and years. Clearly my body has adjusted which I take it to mean I've established new, healthier eating habits which was my goal all along. So kudos to me. One non scale victory accomplished.

By lowering your deficit in increments you're giving yourself time to learn how to eat at maintenance when the time comes. It's sort of a longer term perspective on what you'll need to be able to do once you want to stop losing weight.
  • alexialmann
    alexialmann Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you, I think I may drop it after the next 5. Probably to 1.5 at first and then to one after another 5lbs. I appreciate your input!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Or something in between. Try adding 100 calories and see where that gets you, then add another 100 in a few weeks -- and so on until you are maintaining.
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Great job, congratulations! I think it's great you figured out a weight that works for you, and you're not obsessed with BMI. It really shouldn't be applied to individuals anyway.