I blew it and now I am back.

Options
Hello,
I am a 57 year-old woman who lost 23 pounds and got to goal almost two years ago. In the past 6 months I gained back 12 pounds. I am 5'8" and found that 153-155 was a very good weight for me. It seems good for my frame and age and wasn't a struggle to maintain. I recently had a health problem and lost my way. I am feeling rather low and am embarrassed to be in this position.

The good news is that I know that I have lost before and know the path back.

I am looking for a woman or two in my age group, with roughly similar weight lose goals, to support each other.
I look forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome back. I hear you...basically the story of our lives. My name is Linda and im living in Italy. I have lost and gained and lost again many times. Since March I have been steady and have lost over 13lbs. I have about 10 more to go. I'd be happy to support you through this journey. Feel free to add me☺
  • hotpsyche
    hotpsyche Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you but I don't know how. Why can't i figure this out? Good grief! Can you add me?
  • grandmachris8870
    grandmachris8870 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I can so empathise with your post as it could well have been written by me. I lowered my weight and my cholesterol levels on a low carb/low fat diet using myfitnesspal diary for food and exercise and was well on the way to target. A few health problems and overindulgent holidays and social events resulted in my being back where I started. Sadly I am sure you would not want me as a friend as I am 69 years old but it is encouraging to know I am not alone in my frustrations. It is thought that the statins I was prescribed were causing my problems so I am not taking them for a while (under medical supervision) to see if things improve. Hopefully I will soon be able to return to the gym, swimming and long walks that joint pain and depression have kept me from and with careful monitoring of healthy eating I hope to lose weight and keep it off this time round. I wish you success and good health .