Nearly 4 months in...

Piqueaboo
Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
xqjuswn2y7rz.jpg
[Photo 1: October 2016 | Photo 2: this morning after working out]

So I've been logging for 114 days now and am down nearly 42lbs. I'm nearly halfway to where I would like to get to, and being on this board every day for motivation I thought I could perhaps do the same for others. I myself don't really see a difference, but I have people telling me quite frequently now that I've lost a lot of weight, so I know it's working!

What am I doing? I'm trying to stick to 1200 cals a day (occasionally I go over, like Sunday I really wanted pizza and beer so I had pizza and beer), and some form of training. I don't want to pay for a gym so I started C25K in November (it took me until 2 weeks ago to finish it) and just started the Kayla Itsines Sweat program for the next 12 weeks while I am attempting C210K. Running is great now, but I have no muscle so I'm hoping the Sweat program will help with that (the main feedback I found online is that it made people stronger).

I am aiming for a total loss of 106lbs because that would push me into the middle of the ideal BMI for my height, but if I feel comfortable before I'll stay there.

Replies

• feefee84
    feefee84 Posts: 27 Member
    Wow you have done so well! Really inspiring ! I need to lose 30lbs asap! Did you watch for saturated fats or low sugar foods or did you just watch the calories to help you lose the weight? MFP has given me 1260cals a day . I need some motivation! I can be really motivated 3 weeks then I get my monthlys and I undo all the hard work! I love chocolate since being pregnant and I've not lost that urge! Help!
  • SMurguia
    SMurguia Posts: 15 Member
    You look amazing girl!
  • feefee84
    feefee84 Posts: 27 Member
    Good advice as thank you replying ! Thank you. When I work out I don't have dinner because I do HIIT and makes me feel sick if I eat before. By time I get home it's too late. Not sure if that's detrimental to my weight loss journey or not ?
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Bravo!!! Wishing you well as you continue your journey...
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Fantastic accomplishment! I love how you listen to your body and find what works best for you! I think it is the most successful approach for a sustainable lifestyle and self-improvement. Keep up the great work! :star:
  • lorepres
    lorepres Posts: 27 Member
    Great job!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Update:

It's been 174 days... So 60 days later, or 2 months. I'm currently down nearly 63lbs and not going as strong as I have before. Don't get me wrong, I'm still losing weight (last month even faster than I wanted, so I gained some back to slow it down), but I stopped nearly entirely working out. I can't find the motivation at the moment. Does this happen to you, too?

The exciting thing is that I've passed my halfway mark and can see light at the end of the tunnel. I still have a significant amount to lose, but I'm confident that I can do it. I'm "overweight" and no longer obese II, I don't have issues walking or running anymore, I can climb 5 flights of stairs without dying - amazing! I also get to wear the clothes I want to and don't hate myself in photos. I don't have a comparison picture for you this time, I don't really see the weightloss myself, but I've been measuring and there's a bit coming off every 4 weeks or so, so I know I'm making progress.

The working out is annoying me - I know the hardest part is to get out the door, but I've not been managing that lately. I'm on holiday as of tomorrow and I'm taking my running gear - I'm planning to go running a couple of times, plus the walking I'll be doing while visiting museums - I think my steps will be up there, but the key is that once I'm back I pull my finger out and get back to the program I had when I wrote the first post - it was so good and I consistently pulled it off for months.

tl;dr: I'm still going strong but sometimes it's hard.

• bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    What a difference. Thanks for being honest about your struggles. Lovely to see your progress and strength. You will get there!
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Thanks for sharing your journey. You are so close to that goal. Hope you can enjoy the new life you are giving yourself!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    you're doing great! Let go of fear, it's the mind-killer ;)
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    You look amazing! Great job and keep on going girl! You've got this! :)
  • Great job Pique!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Great job!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Wow, amazing! Congrats on all of your success!
  • sallvcg1862
    sallvcg1862 Posts: 14 Member
    Awesome! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!