What is your real style?

Options
I have noticed in a lot of before and after photos that people change their clothing style, hair, and just overall fashion sense when they loose weight. I fee like ( especially in my case) We may have an idea of what we like or love but when you are bigger pulling it off or daring to even put it on is a challenge.

If you were at your goal weight right now what is the first thing you would buy and why? Would you even change your style or do you like what you are wearing now just hoping for a smaller size? What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own right now, no matter what your weight?

I LOVE crazy cloths. As long as it is still a bit sophisticated and not too slutty ...think Samantha( without the sleeping around
) from sex in the City but younger. The first thing I would buy is a handful of new dresses from Modcloth.com and high heels. MY favorite piece of clothing I own right now is this dark purple tank top that has ruffles at the collar. It fits well and ...I just love ruffles haha

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well - I want long long LONG hair (down to my waist maybe .. Which I am growing out ...

Ive always wanted a sexy pencil skirt!! I would love to dress professional - but I dont have a professional job or the body to fit in sexy business clothes
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    lol love sex and the city i wanna be carrie!
    as soon as i was at my goal weight id buy some bottoms in size 6 (UK)

my favourtie piece of clothing are my black wedge heels!
    make me look skinner and womanly as im 16 hehe
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would buy is a handful of new dresses from Modcloth.com and high heels. MY favorite piece of clothing I own right now is this dark purple tank top that has ruffles at the collar. It fits well and ...I just love ruffles haha

This is MEEEEE completely. If I had the money I'd buy Modcloth out completely. There's a couple other places I love as well.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just want a smaller size.
    I wear my skinny jeans, even though I'm a 11 or 9 in them. When I loose the weight I'll probably STILL wear baggy band shirts because it's a style, not a self concious thing : D.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I like my current style, which is mostly steampunkish and Victorian style goth (did the ripped up fishnet etc phase in high school but I've outgrown that to a degree ... pushing 30 here, bondange pants might look a bit ridiculous), or if I'm at work what you see in my profile picture suits me. Professional with a splash of colour here or there but not too much. There are definitely some looks from that sort of fashion that I'm not comfortable in at this weight, but I can still find plenty I like.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    LOVE ModCloth!!!!!!!
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    Wow! Good post! I'd change a few things. First off, I'm trying to grow my hair out. Secondly, I'd be more daring at my weight goal. Daring as in digging deep into some crazy fashion... not slutty. I'd go shopping for some cute leather boots (think riding boots not hooker boots lol) cuz most dont fit my legs. I'm not large or overweight but for some reason I was blessed (or cursed) with big calves. Hoping to lose some inches in there so I can actually wear some of the boots I love. Also find a great pair of skinny jeans that fit perfect. :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i can't really seem to figure out any style other than jeans and tshirt.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well before I became a bloated cow, I liked the sceneboy/emo look. I'm hoping I can return to those glory days.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    <----The new picture shows one of the things I LOVE, it's a pencil skirt dress. It's something I used to love thin and missed when I gained weight so I'm THRILLED to be thin enough now to pull it off.

Also my old corsets are too big now so I'm looking forward to some new ones!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    LOVE ModCloth!!!!!!!

They are one of my Favorite places too!!!
  • jan169
    jan169 Posts: 38
    Options
    I would start shopping online at ASOS.com and at stores like Zara. I love European fashion! My style is definitely girly and classic, but a bit edgy at the same time. Once I get down to my goal weight of 135, I will definitely reward myself with a wardrobe makeover. More motivation to change my life! (:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my goal I'll be wearing spandex and a cape. Oh and a codpiece.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I would dress like P!nk - lol... I like rocker, edgy, black & greys, with a pop of color.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Something Fun, I dont have a style I just wear clothes that are comfortable, sexy now. I am thinking Harajuku style....we will see when I get there.
  • evangpattismith
    evangpattismith Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Catos...shope there now when they have a clearance sale....lol...so i can't wait to just buy smaller sizes!!! can't wait to get out of the plus size!!!! i have never been able to stand wearing heels, but i like the way they look
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I would like to treat myself to some of these:
    http://www.corset-story.com/

and I also think that my style would end up looking more "girly" dresses, skirts & cute heels. Right now I wear more of just jeans, t shirts, flip-flops.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Rockabilly and grunge with cowboy cut button down and converse. Or a well fit three-piece suit, fob and a bowler or fedora. Or just similar to Tennant's Doctor. Not that this would be a change for me, I just assume I would look better in all of it.
    Actually, I think I will start dressing like the 4th Doctor! Now there is a fashion change!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    the only thing i've been *changing* with my weight loss is i used to be layers layers layers... tons of color as always and everything was solid colors, now i'm usually only wearing 1 or 2 shirts as opposed to 3 or 4 and i'm wearing prints and patterns. :) or and i LOVE that i can wear my mini skirt again! its a 5 in juniors!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly transitioning into the rockabilly/pin-up girl look. I've added a few pieces into my wardrobe already but I can't wait to add a few more pencil skirts and corset tops. :wink: