I havent lost any weight this week can anyone help?

Options
I havent lost any weight this week ive been dieting for a month and lost every week so far but this week has been the only week in which i havent, any ideas on how to lose?

Replies

• pmyn29
    pmyn29 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about the number on the scale. Could just be water retention, the time of day you're weighing yourself, or a bunch of other reasons. If you've been losing weight for a few weeks just keep doing what you're doing and check again next week. If it really looks like your progress is slowing over a longer period, then I would re-calculate your daily calorie intake for loss.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I havent lost any weight this week ive been dieting for a month and lost every week so far but this week has been the only week in which i havent, any ideas on how to lose?

be more patient, weight loss isn't linear, just keep doing what you're doing.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are like that. Stop worrying.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Probably still the water retention coming off from the pizza and beers you mentioned in your post the other day.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Idea on how to lose?= Keep going with a deficit. :)
    Most of us experience a gain or a stall here and there. Its part of the journey.

You ate a little too much- you ate some high sodium - you have a normal fluctuation.

• highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't worry about it (very hard though)
    I've had a recent incident like that.... just keep at it .... i've caught up and then some now after a 4 week total stall.
    This is not a consistent / constant process ... its a VERY hard lesson to learn and accept (i struggle with it) but it is reality
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you could step on the scales tomorrow and see a loss.... that's how it goes sometimes, some weeks no change and then other times whoooosh :smiley:
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    when you eat food that is high in sodium (like sausage) how long does that usually take the body to rid itself and you start to lose again (if its water weight retention)?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Didn't you recently start a new exercise program? You're most likely retaining water from that... no biggie.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    you don't gain overnight. you won't lose overnight either. be patient. :)
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    First, don't confuse weight loss and fat loss. They aren't the same. As has already been said, weight loss isn't linear. Weight fluctuates constantly for a variety of reasons. It is extremely common to fluctuate several pounds on a daily basis. That is enough to easily hide even a week or two worth of fat loss. I have been at this long enough to drop 150 pounds and while trend over time held true, the scale did all sorts of goofy stuff in the short term including going up. Just stay the course, be patient, and let the process work because it does.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    when you eat food that is high in sodium (like sausage) how long does that usually take the body to rid itself and you start to lose again (if its water weight retention)?

It depends on the person. I usually take about 4 days.
  • 02bridget
    02bridget Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Didn't you recently start a new exercise program? You're most likely retaining water from that... no biggie.

Wow. Can you retain water from working out?
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty diligent, but life happens sometimes. Here is what two months of my weigh ins look like.
    Up down up down. But see the overall trend ...? DOWN!

b75x7y2lkmni.png

If you are being honest and in the right amounts with your CI and CO you will lose. Chill.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    02bridget wrote: »

Yes your body can retain water to help repair muscles after exercise particularly when you are new to exercise or when you have increased the intensity of your exercise.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty diligent, but life happens sometimes. Here is what two months of my weigh ins look like.
    Up down up down. But see the overall trend ...? DOWN!

b75x7y2lkmni.png

If you are being honest and in the right amounts with your CI and CO you will lose. Chill.

This is what mine looks like too
  • 02bridget
    02bridget Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    02bridget wrote: »

Yes your body can retain water to help repair muscles after exercise particularly when you are new to exercise or when you have increased the intensity of your exercise.

Thanks! I've increased training recently so that may be what's going on with me too.