Measured 1 serving Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Options
This is the saddest portion of cereal. Literally 5 spoonfuls! Thinking back when I was a teenager, I must've eaten 7-800 cals worth of cereal each morning. Not sure how I stayed so thin! Lol who on here really eats just 1 serving of cereal at a time?!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    This is the saddest portion of cereal. Literally 5 spoonfuls! Thinking back when I was a teenager, I must've eaten 7-800 cals worth of cereal each morning. Not sure how I stayed so thin! Lol who on here really eats just 1 serving of cereal at a time?!

How did you measure it? By cups or grams. My food scale wake up was Quaker Harvest crunch. The serving size per cup looked small and then when I got the scale, it was 2/3rds the size.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

How did you measure it? By cups or grams. My food scale wake up was Quaker Harvest crunch. The serving size per cup looked small and then when I got the scale, it was 2/3rds the size.

I used a food scale and measured 31 grams which is supposedly one serving lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

When we're teenagers, we're growing which requires a crap ton of energy (calories)...not to mention, I was pretty active most of the time outside of class. I ate like a horse when I was a teenager.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I do but I also eat it along with a bunch of other stuff.
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do one serving of shredded wheat. It looks like so little at first it was so sad looking but I bulk it up with 6 oz of fresh or frozen fruit. It fills up the bowl nicely. And now that is my gonto breakfast with milk and an egg on the side.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I gave up and stopped buying cereal. Why bother for so little.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I did 1.5 servings of vanilla/almond special k at night - it's not a huge bowl but it hits the spot for a late night snack
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The only cereal I am willing to spend calories on is weet-bix. One serve, which is two pieces, is just over 100 calories. I can easily eat four, which is around 250 cal and very filling.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I do. Some mornings when I have an easier workout planned, at least. Since I only eat the Kashi Berry Shredded Wheat, they make it easy because 25 squares is a serving. Harder days I eat 43.5 squares. Then I load it with at least a 1/2 cup of fresh berries. But the 25 squares is usually filling with the fresh fruit and milk included it's under 350 calories.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I hate cereal. HA.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I did 1.5 servings of vanilla/almond special k at night - it's not a huge bowl but it hits the spot for a late night snack

Did you ever try that Special K Dark Chocolate one? It's a good idea in theory... but I tried it once and it's regular flakes and then dark chocolate chips. The chips just sink straight to the bottom and you can't find them until you're done.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    The only cereal I usually eat for breakfast is Whole Grain Total. I take 1 serving and crumble it on top of my yogurt in the morning as a more nutritious alternative to granola. Sweetened cereals like cinnamon toast crunch, froot loops, golden grahams etc I eat dry as a snack, sometimes I have 2 servings if I have enough calories for 2.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One original cereal every day because I love cereal and it's the only one with calories that are worth it.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I gave up cold cereals and switched to oatmeal. It's way more filling.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Speaking of cereal, the only one I buy for myself is Special K Protein (original). One serving has 10 g protein for 120 cal. I use it for filler and crunch in my yogurt. If anyone knows of a higher protein cereal with roughly the same amount of calories, please tell me. Other than that I just buy plain Cheerios for my kids. Those just don't tempt me like Cap'n Crunch. ;)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I don't eat cereal. The only one I'll get is Fiber One. 60 calories per serving and I put it in Greek yogurt. I usually have to get it out of the house though. I'm so not used to cereal that I get bingey with it.