Pre Menopause and Menopause struggles

Wotan48
Wotan48 Posts: 36 Member
Hi! Turning 45 and learned that menopause decided to settle in and make itself at home :)
I have about 80 lbs to lose and it seems nearly impossible. Looking for support, people to exchange ideas with and any one who needs or wants to give motivation.

Replies

• annadale07
    annadale07 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 51 An been going thru menopause for almost 10 yrs now but I think I'm about thru it all but its been tough for sure..I need to lose 150 lbs an it's very hard.. I have no willpower at all so I'm struggling..just wanted u to know your not alone here.. good luck
  • AmandaClothier
    AmandaClothier Posts: 6 Member
    I don't know where I am on the menopause journey, but I'm 46 and have 69 pounds to lose. I feel you on the whole, it feels like nothing's happening front. Part of the issue was I wasn't eating enough; that's how I ended up here at MFP, at the suggestion of my trainer. :)
  • Beggers50
    Beggers50 Posts: 6 Member
    I am a 54 year old that is also going through menopause and need to lose 30 more pounds. I lost 30 in the last year. I wish someone out there (trainer) would come up with a workout plan for middle aged women going through menopause. MEN don't have a clue.
    Not as easy as it use to be. Keep up the hard work! YOU can do it!! Good Luck!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    I'm 48 and I think I'm going through menopause? I kinda don't even know what that means. No period for 8 months. Lately it seems the waist line is growing with out a reason. This sucks...
  • conchita962
    THANK YOU so much for that! I have no idea what's going on and don't know where to turn! I appreciate your words!!
  • conchita962
    @02bridget I know right?!? I guess I need to get "Menopause for Dummies" ! :D
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    02bridget wrote: »
    THANK YOU so much for that! I have no idea what's going on and don't know where to turn! I appreciate your words!!

I keep wondering when the school nurse is going to come explain all of this like they did at puberty ;)

So So So much this!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I am 46 and in a menopausal hell, I have gone totally bat *kitten* crazy. yep.thats what my husband and kids will say. blame it all on that!, I am lucky to get 5 hours sleep a night. but the worst thing in the world for me is ANXIETY, I have never had it in my whole life, til now. I so KNOW how people feel that have this. ITS HORRIBLE.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    cee2ski wrote: »
    Go easy on yourself in terms of what you "should" be able to get done (including losing pounds). Nothing is the same any more, so really, you have no idea of what you "should" be able to do. You need to figure it out for yourself day by day.

This is SOOOO worth repeating. I've been peri-menopause for the past year. Weightloss is SLOOOW and I often have to constantly adjust what I eat and how much based more on how I feel then my desire to lose weight. Case in point. for the last few weeks, I'm been dealing with some serious fatigue issues. Made it hard to workout consistently and when I'm not working out... I seem to have less will power to avoid over snacking. After looking through my reports, I realized my iron was running low... so I spent this week on a steak and egg diet. Not only to a feel better and more back to normal... I actually managed to drop a whole pound this week (my average since April has been closer to .2 to .5 lbs per week).

Over the past 3 months, I've only lost 5lbs. But I didn't let the frustration make me give up, rather I kept at it and I'm now 5lbs lighter for it.

• fw5blue
    fw5blue Posts: 2 Member
    Only 41 and already peri menopause with periods getting longer and longer apart. Thyroid issues, cortisol problems, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, etc. and of course, ridiculous weight gain- lots of belly fat.

Using this app is just one tool to lose weight. Hope we can encourage each other on this journey!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I'm 48 and been thru menopause already and come out the other side. I take HRT so I don't have to deal with horrible hot flashes, insomnia, and the rest of the mess.
  • mpost12590
    mpost12590 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all I'm technically menopausal because I had to have a full hysterectomy 6 months ago. I had no clue as to what to expect and still don't. Im 37 and have no idea what to do about the hot flashes and stuff I am experiencing let alone I have to lose 65 lbs. Idk how I'm gonna do it.
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    I hear you ladies! 46 and perimenopausal - have always been on the plump side but at this stage of my life the scales seem to be going up and up, not down and down!!! I'm not giving up though :-) Feel free to add me
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Forget to mention, check your Vitamin D, that is really important.
  • gnatseyelashes
    gnatseyelashes Posts: 16 Member
    The biggest thing that helped me was stopping dairy - the hot flashes stopped.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    hello all - i am 46, in menopause, hysterectomy 4 years ago. my normal weight is 125, i am 5'7".
    my last pregnancy was just horrible, i was 42, baby had 2 chromosomal abnormalities and died in utero at 2nd trimester. had a D&E and then hysterectomy. my weight starting creeping up and i went from 125 to 200lbs.
    i have spent the past year trying to lose it, i work-out with weight lifting and also do some cardio. gym 3 days/week. i was just diagnosed with autoimmune diseases (both thyroid and arthritis) and on meds for all of that. lost 25 lbs in past year, now down to 175. still wanting to hit my 125 goal, but my dr says IMPOSSIBLE> would love to prove him wrong! starting LCHF diet on monday. anyone want to friend request me, i am 2DUNNY
    i live in houston.
    :flowerforyou: