Needing energy since I cut out energy drinks!!!

Options

Replies

• ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    coke

Just not decaf
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    coke

Just not decaf

Gives me the same high regardless tbh...
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    coke

Just not decaf

Gives me the same high regardless tbh...

Come down ain't fun tho
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Bananas

And pajamas.

And also walking down some stairs.
    And also chasing teddybears, tryin' to catch them unaware.

That sounds creepy
  • danielh1978
    danielh1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Seen nuts mentioned. I'd specifically recommend almonds. A handful a day will do it. Try low GI foods too. Search wen for that stiff see what you like. It's slow releasing energy foods. Stuff like granola and apples. Bit see what suits your diet and go from there. Good luck
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Energy Shots from Costco. 5 calories and I pour them into my water. Helps the after lunch slump or to wake up in the morning.
  • Bear0408
    Bear0408 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Any thing I can supplement for nuts would help. I'm allergic to anything with nuts inside.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Bear0408 wrote: »
    Any thing I can supplement for nuts would help. I'm allergic to anything with nuts inside.

Every bit of immaturity in me wants to take this and run with it but I'll be serious this one time. What is it in nuts that you're looking to supplement? Healthy fats, micronutrients, etc?
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

:#
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm a programmer but I like to drink coffee and do little things to elevate my heart rate like...walk up a couple flights of stairs, do a few push ups...I have a kettle bell in my office which I will overhead press (I don't swing it as I'm afraid of throwing into the wall by mistake which I could never explain)

Not like a workout but as if I'm still for too long my heart rate will come lower and I find then I have less energy and focus.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    No idea. I am highly caffeinated.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Yep coffee was my thing as well. I'm trying very hard to stay away from any caffeine products .

Try less hard.
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you're tracking your macros you might want to increase the amount of carbs you take in. Not going to sit here and be a smart *kitten* about what carbs does but it should help. You might be cutting too much of it from your diet.
  • jakaril
    jakaril Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    green tea....especially a quality brand of Matcha. has caffeine but because of another ingredient L-Theanine you don't have the crashes as you would with caffeine, but you get the clear mind, ability to focus, energy and an with improved digestion. If you would like to know more about Matcha please contact me and I will try and help. oh and Matcha is just a superior green tea.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    honestly Geritol.. its less than 8$ at walmart. it'll give u that boost.. along with B12 shots.. oh yeah and SSS tonic!! that'll get u going!!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    How about positive affirmations and self-talk? I write mine out for reinforcement. I repeat them over and over in my head. And I will also start clapping. Just taking that few minutes to psyche yourself up before a task. I use it at work when my depression is high and energy levels low.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Every bit of immaturity in me wants to take this and run with it but I'll be serious this one time. What is it in nuts that you're looking to supplement? Healthy fats, micronutrients, etc?

He meant substitute... somebody suggested nuts up-thread as a high energy snack.
  • KatieKaffeine
    KatieKaffeine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eating on a curve....I call it strategically eating. Highest calories/carbs in the morning then tapering off in the evening. Cutting carbs from dinner is a start.
  • Tewsy87
    Tewsy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Almonds, apples, green tea!
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes while salesman get the same lunch breaks as everyone else I depend on my high energy to get the job done in a upbeat type of manor. So the higher my energy the more productive I become .

Adderall. Great health benefits since it sky rockets your heart rate.

meth is good too.