Skim? It is like 90cals a glass...
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Milk, unsweetened, vanilla in a lot of stuff (there is also regular) - but it really depends on what you're wanting to do with it. Potatoes? No. Cereal? Yes! It's a little thin for my preference in coffee, but I just use a little half n half in that.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I recently bought almond milk; it's got like 60 calories per cup.
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    perfect! does almond milk taste anything similar to regular milk?
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options

I just started drinking it, and to me, it does. I love it with my cereal!
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with the many.. I've tried a couple of brands of almond milk and prefer the Silk Unsweetened (not flavored). I use it in my lattes and it's so good, as well as with cereal. I've even had a half-a-glass a time or two. I really don't like any milk less than 2% and the silk is as creamy as a 2% milk is... I didn't like the Pacific brand much and the blue diamond was just "OK"...
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk.

LOVE THIS. Especially with some agave nectar in it. Drinking it right now actually. :).....
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    The problem I personally have with almond milk is that you are not getting the calcium that should be an essential nutrient for all woman.... The long term consequences to your bones of not getting enough good quality calcium can be quite devastating.... Loss of bone density and osteoporosis...
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options

The unsweetened kind does, but the original sweetened version and vanilla both taste more almond-y to me.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use Almond milk in coco puffs--turns the milk chocolately =)
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The problem I personally have with almond milk is that you are not getting the calcium that should be an essential nutrient for all woman.... The long term consequences to your bones of not getting enough good quality calcium can be quite devastating.... Loss of bone density and osteoporosis...

I get enough calcium. I am only looking for a milk alternative right now. I am not concerned with nutrients
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk and have been drinking it for a couple years. The unsweetened almond is only 40 cals per cup. Sometimes when I want a treat, though I go for the sweetened vanilla--it is so delicious. 90 cals per cup.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    yogurt..i like greek yogurt. lots of calcium and protein, not terrible calorie wise (depending on brand). I also drink a lot of keifer..
  • adhillman01
    adhillman01 Posts: 206
    Options

Silk and Almond Breeze actually have calcium added and have 50% more calcium than milk.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    another vote for the unsweetened almond. 40 cals per cup.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk! Unsweetened is only 50 cals per serving!
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Calcium is better sourced in leafy greens than milk.
    http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/strong_bones.html
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    yep skim milk
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    skimmed milk, its like 0.1% fat or lower, and you can use it for everything you would use milk for, and doesnt taste an different to 1% milk so no getting used to different tastes or textures :-)