Adopt a noob discussion

Jay2God
Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
edited June 2017 in Getting Started
I started my journey at 300 pounds on December and lost 30 pounds so far. For breakfast I eat 2 egg whites and a apple. 2 hours later I eat a pear or apple. For lunch I eat chicken or fish with apple. And again 2 hours later another pear or apple. And for dinner I each chicken with apple. I really want help I'm dedicated I'm at 270 pounds at the moment and all I do is 30 minutes of boxing cardiovascular everyday. In order I try to have atleast 5 meals a day because I heard it was good for you.

Replies

• NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
    Personally I think that's too many apples. I don't eat apples because they are higher in sugar and carbs.. Maybe replace apples with a protein like turkey or cheese and eat more veggies with lunch and dinner. Heck I don't even know what im doing though haha. My diet consists of spinach/kale/berry smoothies for breakfast, lots of salads and veggies, lots of ground turkey and chicken.
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    What do you need help with?
  • Eliniita
    Eliniita Posts: 38 Member
    Haha, agree with Suri, too many apples! :#
    Try some greens with your chicken/ fish.
    Do you like Avocados? Those are my life.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,218 Member
    You don't need to eat many meals. It makes no difference to weight loss how many meals or when you eat them.
    You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. As long as you eat at your goal calories (i.e. at a deficit) you will lose.
    Also, why do you eat so many apples? There are thousands of food items on the market. You can choose freely.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    If it's working for you, keep doing it. If you like apples, eat apples. As long as you are in a deficit, it doesn't matter.
  • Jay2God
    edited July 2018
    What do you need help with?

You see what I eat thats less then 1000 calories and I eat that on the daily and now i just started intermittent fasting. Am I doing bad to my body
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    bomftdrum wrote: »
    If it's working for you, keep doing it. If you like apples, eat apples. As long as you are in a deficit, it doesn't matter.

I agree 100% with @bomftdrum. Have you ever watched an episode of "MY 600LB LIFE" and saw the person surrounded by apple cores and banana peels -- NO!

If your method is working (30 lbs down - good job!!!) keep it up!
  • Jay2God
    becky3695 wrote: »

I agree 100% with @bomftdrum. Have you ever watched an episode of "MY 600LB LIFE" and saw the person surrounded by apple cores and banana peels -- NO!

Even though I'm 5'9 265 eating 1000 calories a day isn't that bad
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2018
    becky3695 wrote: »

Even though I'm 5'9 265 eating 1000 calories a day isn't that bad

Edited. Didn't realize that you have a newer thread. Will post there~