Mediterranean Diet users out there with 50plus pounds to lose?

looking for friends with similar goals: Mediterranean Diet, or 50 to 100 pounds to lose....

Replies

• klblue10
    klblue10 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello there , I just started the Mediterranean diet
  • RichardM1047
    RichardM1047 Posts: 61 Member
    klblue10 wrote: »
    Hello there , I just started the Mediterranean diet

Hi , you know my new doctor mention this Mediterranean diet and I forgot to reach it, until I read this message from you.
    Going to check it out to see if it fits into my lifestyle. At 62 a person already has a daily intake of foods that they like, but I will try to have an open mind about it.
    Thanks,
    RichardM1047
  • TikiKitsune
    TikiKitsune Posts: 10 Member
    Hey there! I've been on the Mediterranean Diet since late March. It's great. Feel free to add me!
  • AndreaB20
    AndreaB20 Posts: 10 Member
    I've been following a low carb/low calories plan for the last 10 weeks. It's a 12 week plan and at the end of the programme I will hopefully have lost 2 stone (28 lb). I've got 2.6lb to lose in just over 2 weeks so confident I will hit my 12 week target. I'm pleased with my progress but it's too restrictive to keep going for longer so will be switching to the Mediterranean diet and eating whole foods. I will still have 5 stone (70lb) to lose to reach my ultimate target but still very motivated to shift it and shift it for good this time and I think the Mediterranean diet is a sustainable way of eating for the future. It's good to have like minded people to share the journey with.
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    I have been using the MDiet in conjunction with a strict vegetarian one. Calories can get away with you if you add too much olive oil. Since incorporating it into my menus I have been taken off of BP meds. Not sure what direct part it played however since increased cardio and weight loss probably played a large role.