low cal beef and pork meals??

Options
So Im highly allergic to Chicken and too many fish to chance any. It has been very difficult to make low cal meal. if you have any suggestion of recipe sites or anything let me know.

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to Turkey? I know some killer recipes for Turkey Burgers.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin is very low in calories. Probably close to chicken. We usually just grill it with a cajun rub.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Gosh I feel for you . . I would never make it. . .. I say go vegetarian. . . .That is just me personally. . . but seriously. . .

www.cookinglight.com
    www.vegetariantimes.com
    www.skinnytaste.com
    www.hungrygirl.com

There are a few sites that should have low cal recipes. .. I personally don't eat red meat, but I know those sites have great recipes. ..
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter which meat you choose, the key is portion. Try keeping beef and pork servings down to about 3-4 oz and put your emphasis on other portions of the meal. Make a large veggie portion, and about 2 oz of some kind of grain. You can do all the same stuff- just play around with different spices.
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    yep chicken turkey and possibly other fowl I have not tried to test it much past chicken and turkey.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would love to know as well, since I do most of the cooking for him :bigsmile:

Riley did not mention that he likes to have some sort of meat with every meal...vegetarianism is not an option for him, lol.