Breakfast calories!!

232good
232good Posts: 92 Member
Am I the only one who eats majority of my calories at breakfast? I eat roughly 400-500 calories for breakfast (which includes some coffee) then around 400 for lunch and 300 for din! :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I wouldn't say the only one, but how you break up your calories is personal preference. I usually save 40-50% of my calories for dinner and after.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I don't eat until midday or later. I eat most of my calories after 730pm most days
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    I do fasted cardio in the AM and eat approx 800 calories between 11-4 and the rest after 5 or 6 until bed
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    My largest meal does tend to be breakfast. At the very least, it's usually on par with lunch and dinner.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    My meal calories change a lot depending on the day. Some days I plan for a big dinner (out to eat, etc). Some days I plan on a big lunch (if the options available at the office are appealing), some days I don't eat "breakfast" until 10-11 am (weekends...I don't eat until I am actually hungry) and then I count it as lunch so lunch and dinner are bigger, somedays breakfast is big because I know I won't have much time for lunch, etc. As long as I think through that the day before when I am getting food ready to take to work, it has been working out great.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    My experience has shown me that a good breakfast can be anything from 300-600 calories for me, and that the 300 low end of the range satisfies me against losing control of my appetite later in the day, and the 600 upper end does not preclude having another good meal for dinner.
  • new_arc87
    new_arc87 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm the opposite. While I eat throughout the day, I save about half of my calories for night. Otherwise I'll overeat.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    It's not unusual, lots of people do it. I tend to space out my calories and nutrients based off my workouts for the day so I can avoid sugar spikes, crashes, etc.
  • bcnbuda
    bcnbuda Posts: 8 Member
    I'm allowed 1630 calories/day. I try to limit myself to 300 - 400 each for breakfast and lunch which leaves me a reasonable amount for dinner with my wife who likes to plan a meal together and that's her "major" meal every day or we'll eat out at places that I can determine beforehand what I can eat there and stay within my budget. Rule #1 for me, stay away from Mexican restaurants as I cannot resist eating baskets of chips and salsa before the meal.
  • ColwellCat
    ColwellCat Posts: 84 Member
    For me breakfast is the smallest meal of the day, and might be 50-250 calories. Enough to not have an empty stomach for medications, but not a lot more. Dinner is my major meal, though lunch varies from very light to being just a slightly smaller version of last night's dinner.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I typically do not eat breakfast. If anything, a piece of toast with my coffee. I usually fast until lunch time. Lunch and dinner are my biggest meals of the day and I always spare calories for a glass of wine or beer and snacks.