Do you eat the same amount of calories every day?

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't get more or less hungry in any discernible pattern, at least not by whether I'm in a surplus or deficit or maintaining, and I don't feel more or less hungry when I exercise and don't, at least not much. And I don't really exercise. At any rate, I don't exercise enough to bother logging it, so there are (were) no calories to eat back.

I eat a little more on some days and a little less on other days, but not varying by a large degree, maybe between 80-120 percent of average intake. I don't count calories anymore, but I keep a good, stable weight.

For me, it's cravings, not hunger, that annoys me. I can much more easily tolerate being hungry than the urge to just eat. I have to be a bit strict, but sometimes I'll just eat.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have a low day (approx 500 cals), followed by a high day (approx 1200 + 700 saved from day before). repeat. It gives me more options on the high days. My calories still come in the same at the end of my week but I can never close my diary (either MFP screams at me that I am not eating enough on the low days, or stays silent about my "over eating" on the high days...). Its a bit of an experiment from my steady 1200 cals a day plan, but its working for me nicely for the time being.

I am small boned, relatively sedentary and over 40, so I am not wasting away at a rapid rate doing this, nor am I hungry or tired.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    I have a low day (approx 500 cals), followed by a high day (approx 1200 + 700 saved from day before). repeat. It gives me more options on the high days. My calories still come in the same at the end of my week but I can never close my diary (either MFP screams at me that I am not eating enough on the low days, or stays silent about my "over eating" on the high days...). Its a bit of an experiment from my steady 1200 cals a day plan, but its working for me nicely for the time being.

I am small boned, relatively sedentary and over 40, so I am not wasting away at a rapid rate doing this, nor am I hungry or tired.

You don't have to close your diary at all. The only thing you get from it would be the 5-week loss projection, which would be very inaccurate for you with the way you cycle your calories.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I aim for a weekly deficit of 2000 calories my range can be 1300-2300 total cals per day, I like the flexibility of eating when I'm more hungry some days or have social commitments. :) works for me and keeps me sane, I lose consistently cycling my cals this way throughout the week, I rarely eat under my BMR. Exercising helps to give me more wiggle room too. I also slightly suspect this staves of adaptive thermogenesis to a slight degree (that and the slow rate of loss). Could be wrong though.

I'm a big fan of whatever works for you and you can maintain long term though as long as it's healthy. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So anyway, I don't eat the same amount every day but it's not too off mostly. Yesterday I had a pretty active day at work of almost 15,000 steps, but I wasn't hungry for dinner. Today I'm done with work, on only 6000 steps, but I know I still have a bunch of calories from yesterday to use because I WILL go over.
  • AliciaRenee1
    AliciaRenee1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Muana1005 wrote: »
    I don't eat back any of my exercise calories (or fitbit step adjustment). I average around 800cals/day sometimes as low as 500 and always under 1000, MFP gives me 1200calories/day to lose 1kg/week. I never eat that many. I have been at it just over 3 weeks now and I don't ever feel hungry at all. I "snack" mostly on fruit or celery sticks and using organic stevia in the place of sugar actually makes me super thirsty and I easily drink 2-3L water a day, especially when im at work.
    Eating this low doesn't affect my ability to do my "home circuit" workout or my 70hrs/fortnight in night shifts.

800 cals per day is the equivalent of around 8 large apples. I call bull here. You're either not weighing your food properly or you're lying.

I have no reason to lie and my weight loss speaks for itself, if anything I overestimate my calories. And an FYI a medium mandarin is only 50 cals and a small apple is just 72 cals. MFP actually tells me the calories im eating and I am fastidious in ensuring the macro information is correct. Btw scales don't lie either darlin so next time you decide to try run someone down, think twice not everyone lies or fudges numbers ;)
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    nope - I do a variation of TDEE and carb cycle - so I have a Super/High/Medium and Low day in a 7 day cycle - protein stays 140g and carbs/fats vary. I avg between 2400 (low) and 2700 (super) day calories and weight stable at 147lbs and working on recomp during the triathlon season. After the season, I'll do a fat loss cycle to try and lose some more weight