No equipment exercises

Options
I use to go to a gym but the equipment there was intimidating and I got bored easy.. Does anyone have any good non-gym and equipment exercises that you'd recommend?

Replies

• MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like DDP Yoga quite a bit.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Second for fitnessblender.com - you can search by just about anything your heart desires (strength, cardio, level of intensity, target area, if and what equipment you have available, etc), and I LOVELOVELOVE Kelli and Daniel! No brute-yelling, no scary-happy peppy chicks in 80's leg warmers... They are absolutely magnificent! If you can't get the site itself to work, they have their stuff up on youtube as well (you can search in youtube by typing something like "fitnessblender upper body no equipment"), but the search function (specifically all the amazing filters) is really only on their site, which is free.

Additionally to "traditional" working out, I like to do intensive yard work, heavy-duty deep cleaning, and running with my dogs, none of which feels like "exercise" because it's accomplishing something else at the same time. My husband and I also like to play tennis at some fairly secluded courts near our local high school (we really just goof off, but it's a great workout!), as well as shoot around with a basketball, which feels more like fun than exercise, even though it's actually both!

If all else fails, throw on some music that makes you wiggle and go for it! Nothing quite like working up a sweat boogeying to your favorite jams!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You are your own gym, convict conditioning, al kavadlo, nerd fitness all have good bodyweight exercises