Best blender recommendations for smoothies?

Options
hula808
hula808 Posts: 224 Member
Vita mix is not in the budget...

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja. Highly recommended.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    My Ninja Professional (900 watts) is bomb. Highly recommend
  • KaleChipz
    KaleChipz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Another endorsement for Ninja
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap old Nutribullet and it works great.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Refurbished Vitamix. Nutribullet and Ninja don't even come close.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ninja. The kale does not come out in chuncks but still has a slight bit of chewyness to it. Sams and costco put it on sale from time to time. It was cheaper at walmart.com than at the store (but store will price match website).
    If you see the ninja with the bowl attachment - not worth it. Bowls are just mixers/choppers.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Ninja you can afford. Vitamix you can aspire to afford. <- 99%

Or

Vitamix you can afford. <- 1%
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja pulse that comes with single serve smoothie making cups and it is amaze-balls

I got it on clearance for $40 bucks too which isn't a bad price at all. Good luck!
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja 900 watt. It does a great job!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If you can figure out a way to afford a refurbished vitamix, even on a payment plan, go for it. Nothing else holds up to them.

Otherwise, I like the bullet blenders because they are portion control.
  • squishysnail
    squishysnail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have a Ninja Professional (comes with a full-size pitcher and single-serving cups) and it was about $100 (Canadian) on sale. It's awesome!
  • P_yoga_runs
    P_yoga_runs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used my ninja almost daily for 1.5 years before it stopped functioning and moved up to the vitamix. Best investment ever. One year and quality is exponentially better than my ninja. Plus it self-cleans! Also, though I've had zero problems, it has a 7 year warranty including free 2-way shipping. Seriously if my house were on fire I'd come back in for my dogs and my vitamix (in that order.)
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Check QVC. I got my Vitamix on flex pay. 6 payments were much easier to swallow than the huge price tag.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    JaxxieKat wrote: »
    Check QVC. I got my Vitamix on flex pay. 6 payments were much easier to swallow than the huge price tag.

It's fair season- the vendors at fairs offer payment plans too. That's how I got mine.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Love my Oster Fusion! Been using it for years now, almost daily, for green smoothies. I blend kale, seeds, frozen fruit etc no problem (run the frozen drinks/shakes button twice)
    https://www.amazon.com/Oster-BRLY07-B-600-watt-7-Speed-Blender/dp/B000M3BTMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499114045&sr=8-1&keywords=oster+fusion
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    My nutribullet works great (it was a gift), but I am equally happy with the full size Oster I got second hand at a yard sale.
  • lexidanko14
    lexidanko14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nutribullets work fine especially if you blend a few ingredients at a time :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Nutribullets work fine especially if you blend a few ingredients at a time :)

Ain't nobody got time for that! :D
  • belladrogo
    belladrogo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got an awesome deal on a ninja blender that was returned to Amazon, it was 'open box' which really meant that the box was damaged when it was mailed to the last person who bought it. They never opened it and returned it to Amazon. I got the discount and a perfect, brand new product with accessories for 100 bucks!