Low carb

Options
Hi everyone. Just joined and am attempting low carb.
Blimey its hard to find recipes! Help? Lol

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Replace carb heavy foods with less carb heavy foods? Eat more vegies, less grains. Cauliflower "rice" and zucchini "noodles" are low carb alternatives you could incorporate, or just pile your plate up with vegies. I don't try to eat low carb, but generally end up that way due to focusing more on protein and fat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Replace carb heavy foods with less carb heavy foods? Eat more vegies, less grains. Cauliflower "rice" and zucchini "noodles" are low carb alternatives you could incorporate, or just pile your plate up with vegies. I don't try to eat low carb, but generally end up that way due to focusing more on protein and fat.

This is the simplest way, and possibly the most satisfying way to eat low carb. There are also a ton of websites out there; just google "low carb recipes". You'll find a lot of interesting recipes. Unfortunately many of them rely on sugar substitutes and additives like guar gum or xanthan gum; if you want to get into baked things and desserts you'll probably see a lot of that.

If you do Facebook, there's a group I like: Low Carbing Among Friends. There's a group here on MFP called Low Carber Daily Forum....The LCD Group which posts some recipes. And there's a Recipes forum in the regular message boards.

Best of luck to you, and hope to see you around the boards!

• punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Blimey its hard to find recipes!

Have you, uh, tried to find recipes? Because a browse through Pinterest or quick Google search comes up with more recipes than you'll know what to do with.