Ulcer and dieting... Need advice

Options
I have a peptic ulcer n have fatty liver disease and gallbladder issues unfortunately so I've been eating alot healthier for many reasons n have lost 32 plus pounds in two months timing well I'm at the point that the diet is upsetting my tummy n making me vomit and feel dizzy idk what to do to b honest ... Help? N my diet is alot of greens

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. He/she is more qualify to give you recommendations based on your medical history.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Each one of your conditions has different dietary requirements. Vomiting and dizziness should be followed up on. It might not be diet related.

For the gall bladder I know it is important to eat small regular meals. Are you better off with cooked veggies?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I have a peptic ulcer n have fatty liver disease and gallbladder issues unfortunately so I've been eating alot healthier for many reasons n have lost 32 plus pounds in two months timing well I'm at the point that the diet is upsetting my tummy n making me vomit and feel dizzy idk what to do to b honest ... Help? N my diet is alot of greens

32 pounds in two months is way too fast unless you have hundreds of pounds to lose. How many pounds to your goal weight?

You could very well be feeling dizzy because you are under-eating, but do discuss all of this with your doctor.
  • mommachristel1984
    mommachristel1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

32 pounds in two months is way too fast unless you have hundreds of pounds to lose. How many pounds to your goal weight?

You could very well be feeling dizzy because you are under-eating, but do discuss all of this with your doctor.
    . I havent been on my best game on the dieting the past two weeks but I do go under my calorie intake, and I started at 262 I'm a bigger boned gal at 5"6 I wud be comfy with 150 the lowest...I'm 230 as of bout week in a half ago...
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You should really talk to a registered dietitian. With all your diagnoses, insurance is sure to cover it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

. I havent been on my best game on the dieting the past two weeks but I do go under my calorie intake, and I started at 262 I'm a bigger boned gal at 5"6 I wud be comfy with 150 the lowest...I'm 230 as of bout week in a half ago...

With 80 pounds to lose, losing four pounds a week is way too fast a rate of loss for you.
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When you're on a special diet for health reasons, especially with an ulcer, if you haven't been diligent about it the past couple weeks you're body is going to freak out.
    I had gastritis, and after being very diligent about it for months, I went out drinking with friends and ended up getting really sick for days.
    Please be careful with yourself and go talk to your doctor. Be honest with your doctor about what decisions you've made and about how you've been feeling physically.