bump - inspirational thank you!!!!
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You smashed it!! Luvving this post.
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this. Congrats and keep up the good work.

.run.
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I feel you, my brother!!!! My story is so similar to yours!

Former WoW addict? Check
    Former smoker? Check
    Former pizza scarf-er? Check
    C25K initiate? Check, check!!

Your story is awesome and inspiring. It makes me feel all warm and gooey. I just started running, and I Can't. Freaking. Believe. how much I love it. What you're describing just makes me want to shut the laptop and RUN some more. So I think I will :)

Keep on keeping on, life-change twin!!!! You have my undying support and affection :heart:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the "I Love Running." Great job Mark, very inspirational and motivating!

Running isn't for everyone, and that is fine, some people just don't enjoy it, some can't physically do it, and others think they can't physically do it, but whether you are currently a runner or aspire to be a runner, I will tell you to get out there and do it! Running is amazing!

Why I love running....

1) The constant challenge. (Go further, faster, improve stride, posture, breathing, build more endurance). There are so many mini challenges to conquer when it comes to running and improving as a runner. It makes for killer motivation and is a lot of fun!

2) Great stress reliever. I run generally after work and its a great way to unwind from a busy day of sitting on my butt in the office. Gets me outdoors and lets me blow off steam. Its my time to get lost in my thoughts, enjoy the quiet of outdoors, listen to music, etc.

3) Running is a great workout. I have found that running is the quickest way I lose weight and improve fitness. My calorie burn for the amount of time spent running is unmatched with other forms of cardio. Running is a full body workout.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have decided to start C25K this weekend. I feel the need to run :bigsmile:
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to go out and RUN!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6 months into my workout lifestyle and am finally learning to love running. I absolutely love the feeling afterwards. I'm still a big girl (235lbs) and I love seeing peoples' reactionsto my times or distances. I remember a trainer at the gym asking once if I was doing intervals. When I told him that I just wanted to run a mile as fast as I could and did it in 9:25, I got a shocked eyebrow raise! My favorite accomplishment thus far!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I have rediscovered running as well the last few months. I love it again. Keep up the good work.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner.... because I don't enjoy it....

But I love your story....!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A brilliant post - so inspiring. Having never done any running before, I started doing c25k 4 weeks ago, and each time I run, I love it a bit more! I can see why you find it so great, and soon I'll be as addicted as you!!
    I'd love to be friends, sending a request:)
  • Tribonian
    Tribonian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Started training 3.5 months ago and was working out a lot on an elliptical (which I still love) but then was on vacation two weeks ago and needed to get my yayas out so I went for a jog. I routinely see molasses pass me on hills and couldn't care less. I've always been a biker for the commuting, the scenery, and the workout but have to say that the runner's high is better, at least for me. Dissipates stress and leaves me with a peaceful sense of exhaustion.

Anyway, thanks for posting. Great story, keep it up.

Of- I also registered for my first race since a 10 miler in 1985. Wish me luck in September - all I want to do is finish.

6876621.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • marcusisntfunny
    Options
    To everyone who's replied and friended me:

Thanks for the great feedback, I'm glad to see that there are other enthusiasts out there that truly find the joy in running as much as I do. It's strange that such a simple thing can become a main staple in our everyday lives, to the point where it becomes something we truly love.

now brb, running
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed reading that. Well done for everything you have achieved.

I love running also.

:-)
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is so incredibly inspiring. Thank you for being my motivator. Congratulations on everything you've achieved. You are a superhero