Sweating for the wedding! (Actually, more like the marriage.)

Options
Hi MFP!

I am Allie, 28 years old from Los Angeles, CA. I have been on MFP a long time (1011 days today). During that time, I managed to lose 100lbs (yay) and then gain about half back (boo). I could blame it on a lot of things... Recovering from surgery, moving in with my boyfriend, defending my dissertation/getting my PhD, lots of reasons.

But now I have a big reason to take it all back off, and finally get to my goal weight (and stay there)! The boy and I are recently engaged (see photo below), so now I'm doing the whole sweating for the wedding thing. But, I'm really looking at it more like sweating for the marriage. I love my hubby to be, and I want to enter our marriage in my best possible shape... physically, mentally, and emotionally.

So, I'm looking for some new friends! Engaged ladies and gents, people who are looking to take off 50+lbs, repeat MFP offenders, everyone!! We are all in this together.

78y0lrargvy6.jpeg

Replies

• cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love this picture. Congrats on the engagement. You can do this. Sending you a friend request.
  • StephanieLK502
    StephanieLK502 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful!!! Congrats to you and best of luck!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the engagement and best of luck to you both!
  • hadassaa1
    hadassaa1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Would love to get info about your surgery and how the process and recovery was, I've been thinking about it as a possibility.
  • bellaapril7
    bellaapril7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I've lost 80 & gained 20 back. I just joined again so I can have a healthy lifestyle. ( I'm getting married in November
  • tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lovely pic congrats x
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hadassaa1 wrote: »
    Would love to get info about your surgery and how the process and recovery was, I've been thinking about it as a possibility.

@hadassaa1 I didn't have gastric bypass or anything like that. I had to have an abdominal reconstruction and tummy tuck to fix my broken abs.