Oh Calorie Counting My Friend or Foe?

Options
Hi All,

I'm here because my attempt to eat "intuitively" resulted in 5kg weight gain.
I am 89.7kg now and hope to get to around 70 or where ever my body feels most comfortable.

My goal is to be healthy fit and having fun whilst getting to my goal. Having fun means enjoying my food and gaining health whilst feeding my body what it needs in the spirit of self care.

Just wondering how you all prevent the obssessive mindset whilst counting calories... That's my only worry.

Cheers

Replies

• willgt78
    willgt78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pomp do research into intermittent fasting. No calorie counting, meal prepping and it's not a diet so you don't have to change what you eat. Health benefits are darn good too.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I view counting calories as no more obsessive than budgeting money. I don't spend money that I don't have because I wouldn't like the consequences. Calories are the same way. I have to pay attention or else pay the piper down the road.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the budget analogy. My MFP and money budgeting apps are right next to each other on my phone. :)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    willgt78 wrote: »
    Pomp do research into intermittent fasting. No calorie counting, meal prepping and it's not a diet so you don't have to change what you eat. Health benefits are darn good too.

IF isn't magic, it's just a way to spread out calorie intake that works for some people to help with satiety. You'll still lose, maintain, or gain weight based upon overall calorie balance over time.
  • pompomsox
    pompomsox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!