Macro problems

Options
Hi I'm switching my macros to 40/35/25 (protein/carb/fat) but am really struggling for meal ideas in general has anyone got any helpful tips or meals they like please?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Why so high protein?
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If those are the macro goal percentages you want to meet, then you probably want to build your meals around low-fat dairy (highly variable so make sure to look at labels) lean cuts of beef and pork in limited quantities (these are about 50% protein calories), white-meat poultry (around 75% protein calories), and lean seafood like tuna and shrimp (some are about 90% protein calories). You will probably need to look for some high-protein blogs and and get ideas from people who have been eating that ratio for a while. Any macro split takes getting used to cooking for if you have been eating in different macro proportions previously.
  • melons1216
    melons1216 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why so high protein?
    I started pt sessions about 8 weeks ago and originally they put me on 40/40/20 I've lost a little weight and body fat but seemed to have plateaued....... not really wanting to lose any more weight so I am now on 40/35/25
  • melons1216
    Options
    anaxmann wrote: »
    If those are the macro goal percentages you want to meet, then you probably want to build your meals around low-fat dairy (highly variable so make sure to look at labels) lean cuts of beef and pork in limited quantities (these are about 50% protein calories), white-meat poultry (around 75% protein calories), and lean seafood like tuna and shrimp (some are about 90% protein calories). You will probably need to look for some high-protein blogs and and get ideas from people who have been eating that ratio for a while. Any macro split takes getting used to cooking for if you have been eating in different macro proportions previously.

Thanks anaxmann I'm still quite new to doing macro splits so just getting used to measuring everything and trying to get it to balance I'm sure once I've been doing it for a bit it will be a lot easier!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Changing your macros won't make you lose more weight, unless it helps you stick to your calorie goal. Calories decide whether you lose weight or not. It is normal to not lose weight for a couple of weeks, but if you haven't lost for 4+ weeks, tighten up your logging or re-evaluate your calorie goal.
  • melons1216
    Options
    Like I said I don't really want to lose any more weight I think it's just to help me meet my calories as sometimes I was struggling to get them in
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    melons1216 wrote: »
    Like I said I don't really want to lose any more weight I think it's just to help me meet my calories as sometimes I was struggling to get them in

You need to increase calories not change your macros.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    melons1216 wrote: »

Most people find protein pretty satiating, so I would think increasing your protein would be more likely to make it more difficult for you to be able to get your calories in.
  • melons1216
    Options
    My protein is the same I started on 40 carbs 20 fat ,now I'm on 35 carbs 25 fat which is helping me get my calories in better I'm just lacking ideas for meals then no I just need to sit down and jiggle things about!