Ladies...what should I be wearing to the gym?

Options
dbrose40
dbrose40 Posts: 16 Member
I've been going to the gym for close to 25 years and I've never given much thought to what I wear. However, I don't like to look like a slob and I find that if I like what I am wearing I tend to work out harder. I've noticed some weird fashion trends from guys recently like wearing leggings under shorts. I don't get it. Ladies...what type of clothing do you find less ugly (dare i say attractive) for a man to wear at the gym?

Replies

• dbrose40
    Options
    I'm not surprised Heidi. I've literally never said a word to a woman at the gym in my life so why would anyone notice? It's really kind of a lame question on my part. I'm actually not even sure why I care.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think the whole shorts over leggings thing is practical - guys want to wear workout leggings too (and you should! so comfortable) but let's just say that they are tight on guys too and leave little to the imagination.
  • pmyn29
    pmyn29 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The only thing I dislike seeing guys wearing is leggings and a top. Put some shorts on!

Not sure why this bothers you. People should be able to wear whatever makes them happy/comfortable.

Though personally I don't pay too much attention to what other people are wearing at the gym since I'm pretty focused on my own stuff.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    The only thing I dislike seeing guys wearing is leggings and a top. Put some shorts on!
    I agree with this but it is my problem not theirs I suppose. If you've got it flaunt it???? Can't say I look at a guy and think 'wow, I really like what he's wearing'. It's more what's underneath that counts.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    I agree with this but it is my problem not theirs I suppose. If you've got it flaunt it???? Can't say I look at a guy and think 'wow, I really like what he's wearing'. It's more what's underneath that counts.

Literally ;)
  • dbrose40
    Options
    Maybe I care simply because I see women at my gym care. I swear there are super models that work out where I go. They look and dress perfect and yes I notice! However, it might be a misnomer to assume they notice men though.
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    dbrose40 wrote: »
    Maybe I care simply because I see women at my gym care. I swear there are super models that work out where I go. They look and dress perfect and yes I notice! However, it might be a misnomer to assume they notice men though.

If they are taking the EXTRA measure to be noticed, rest assured they notice you!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I'm not surprised Heidi. I've literally never said a word to a woman at the gym in my life so why would anyone notice? It's really kind of a lame question on my part. I'm actually not even sure why I care.

@dbrose40 I wouldn't assume women only notice the men who talk to them. It's more that most people at the gym are just off in their own world, at least I am. I have way too much (well-earned *cough*) wild applause happening in my head to be able to notice my surroundings too. :wink:

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I obviously have bigger issues if I care about what I look like at the gym. Yes my clothes match. :p

Nobody freak out and start making fun of me. I took this at 5:00am and no one was there but me. I can't go later and even find a bench. It gets so croweded with all the college kids around and I don't fit in due to my 40 year old body.

That's what I look like, minus the hat. In warmer weather will wear some black or grey baggy shorts about knee length.

Very typical of guy clothing where I go.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I obviously have bigger issues if I care about what I look like at the gym. Yes my clothes match. :p

Nobody freak out and start making fun of me. I took this at 5:00am and no one was there but me. I can't go later and even find a bench. It gets so croweded with all the college kids around and I don't fit in due to my 40 year old body.

Eww, it's so.. normal. :tired_face:
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

No, but you stand out and that's even better! Great choice of outfit and color, all you need now is the walk.
  • dbrose40
    Options
    This looks rediculous to me, but it goes unnoticed if I'm reading the responses correctly so rock it I guess!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    It does look ridiculous, the colors don't match, but he looks very happy. I won't discriminate against him