What kind of bread do you eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• jennyf55
    jennyf55 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For preference, home made, so that'll be whatever I've been inspired to make that week. Just now it tends to be plain white no-knead lazy pants easy bread.

Do you have a good recipe for your lazy pants easy bread?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat homemade wholewheat sourdough bread, sometimes apple bread made from whole grains.
  • TikiKitsune
    TikiKitsune Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    100% Ancient Grains. I buy fresh loaves at the local grocery store, zero preservatives. Usually with Peanut Butter or dipped in olive oil and herbs. Great snack!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of bread, especially fresh Italian or French. But for everyday, I have two slices of Stonemill bread (I believe it is a Canadian brand).. it is filling, yummy, calories are good, decent fibre and protein too. My favourite is the barley and rye (140 cals for two slices, 4g fibre, 8g protein) and sunflower walnut (170 cals, 5g fibre, 10g protein).
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gail's bakery potato and rosemary sourdough is a thing of wonder but oh my days, Lidl's cheese bread, lightly toasted with butter. I am actively considering founding a religion based upon worshipping it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I just have my grocery store slice their fresh bread into thinner slices. Cuts way down on the calories and I don't even notice the difference. :)
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like the 12 grain Lite bread. Only 40 cal a slice. Makes a good sandwich.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    None. Unless I'm indulging at fresh bread at a good restaurant or bakery.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Aldi Knock Your Sprouts Off sprouted 7 grains bread. Love the taste and texture of it and it's only 60 calories per slice. A whole loaf is also only $2.99 at my local store, compared to $5+ for Ezekiel brand at another local store. I love eating it 'buttered' with raw honey, light spreadable cheese or cookie butter :# I keep it in the freezer until use and then just defrost slices on counter for a few minutes before toasting.
  • EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bread these days because my partner is celiac and our toaster is dedicated gluten-free to accommodate him. I don't love bread enough to eat a bunch of gluteny bread by myself, I never want toast badly enough to toast it in the oven rather than a toaster, gluten-free breads are hit or miss and taste better to dedicated gluten-free palettes, and gluten-free breads are so expensive I don't want to eat a bunch of it myself when that's all my partner can eat and I could eat any cheap and fluffy bread I wanted at any time.

It's a winning combo if your goalis 'significantly reduce the amount of bread you eat without ever really thinking about it much until it's a new largely breadless lifestyle'.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making a chickpea flour tortilla to go with my lunch/dinner, which is usually a stew or curry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Homemade sourdough usually.