What can i expect??

Having lost 28lbs already.im starting to do kettlebell exercise twice a week.
Just wondering ehat will happen to my weight??
Ill lose more weight as exercising?
Ill stay the same weight for a little while(read somewhere that ypur body holds on to water?)
Or something else???
Just so i dont get surprised when i jump.on the scales.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• Kollane
    Kollane Posts: 45 Member
    You'll probably see some weight gain from water weight.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Kollane wrote: »

I see. I take it then my body after a while will settle down and lose that water weight??
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Will drinking more water flush it or will the muscles hold on to it regardless for a little bit? Sorry to hijack your post op!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member

I see. I take it then my body after a while will settle down and lose that water weight??

If you stay in a calorie deficit, yes. Each time you lift heavier or differently you will experience this temporary water gain as the stressed muscles use water for repair.
  • LisaMoxon155
    BWA468 wrote: »
    Will drinking more water flush it or will the muscles hold on to it regardless for a little bit? Sorry to hijack your post op!

Lol you carry on. But a good question.
  • LisaMoxon155

If you stay in a calorie deficit, yes. Each time you lift heavier or differently you will experience this temporary water gain as the stressed muscles use water for repair.

Thank you for that answer. Really helpful.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Lifting weights does nothing in and of itself to your bodyweight, it's what you put in your body (calories) that effects your weight.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Lifting weights does nothing in and of itself to your bodyweight, it's what you put in your body (calories) that effects your weight.

Ok i understand that.
    Im still going to eat the lower set calories. I just want to tone up