mhbrz
mhbrz Posts: 20 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
cqtvkhjmvevc.jpg

Height: 5'11"

SW (07.03.17): 211.2 lbs
CW (04.07.17): 157.9 lbs
GW: 145 lbs

This is my progress since I started using myfitnesspal 4 months ago. This is officially the thinnest I've been since I was 12 years old! :^)

I've not been doing any exercise, especially since I broke my foot end of April. But I've been weighing and recording everything I eat, and sticking to 1350 kcal/day for the first 2 months, and now 1200 kcal/day. Eating a protein-filled breakfast every morning, drinking lots of water (a big glass as soon as I wake up & before every meal) and making lots of home-cooked meals loaded with vegetables to keep me satisfied (:

I have to say, I've never felt this good whilst controlling what I eat! I've done diets in the past, but would always end up having the craziest cravings until I cracked and gained all the weight back again. This time around, my cravings have completely disappeared, and I feel like I could use myfitnesspal for the rest of my life - recording everything I eat has become an automatism, and I don't feel frustrated at all!

I will be increasing my calories as soon as I hit my goal weight, and I also want to quit smoking once I finish my Masters degree in August, and start exercising to tone my body.

To everyone starting on myfitnesspal: you can do it! This has by no means been a perfect journey for me; I went well over my calorie limit several times since starting, but made sure to record it all and go back to my limit the day after. NO starving myself out of guilt, or continuing overeating because 'what's the point anymore'.

Other than boosting my confidence, losing weight has resolved so many other problems I wasn't expecting... I sweat less, my skin is softer (especially my feet - no more callous!), I'm less spotty, my hair is shinier, I focus better at university, I wake up more easily in the mornings and feel more energetic in general. So worth it!

It's so easy to get caught up in a routine of binging and eating processed foods, but these 4 months on myfitnesspal have been so rewarding, I can't imagine ever going back to where I was last winter.

Good luck to everyone - you are not alone on this journey ✌️

Replies

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing and inspriring progress!! Congratulations!
  • revitupbrian
    revitupbrian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed, mhbrz. Well done!
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Thank you! ❤️
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Is that even the same person?!? Incredible!!
  • annabel92
    annabel92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What fantastic progress in only 4 months!! Congrats :)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You look Great! This was so great to see. Congrats!!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) Well done
  • tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Thank you so much for the comments! They are very much appreciated - you'd be surprised how few people have commented on my weight loss, even close friends, so this feels great (:
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm on about the same road as you - trying to get from 205 down below 170.
    Can I ask what you were eating? I'm a month in and have only lost 7 so far.....
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME! What a cool series of progression pics.
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your progress is really impressive, especially given your ankle injury!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Wow, great progress! Impressive to say the least :)
  • Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! And with no exercise?! I need your killer abs! I still can't see mine (yet). Lol. I have lost 45 lbs but still have a long ways to go and you are a great inspiration. So thanks for that!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! I'm shocked that's without exercise. Nice little motivation though, I am 5'10" and am combining the diet with exercise. Seeing your transformation without exercise really is motivating!
  • mhbrz
    Options
    newmanel wrote: »
    Well done! Your progress is really impressive, especially given your ankle injury!

Thank you! I must admit, I was afraid I'd struggle losing weight with the broken foot since I was bed-bound for 2 weeks, but apparently, healing a fractured bone can burn up to 6000 kcal a day!? This still confuses me.
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! great progress!!
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Amazing progress! I'm shocked that's without exercise. Nice little motivation though, I am 5'10" and am combining the diet with exercise. Seeing your transformation without exercise really is motivating!

Thank you! I'm so glad I've motivated you! Yay for being tall too! Whenever I used to complain about being overweight, my friends used to say 'but you're tall, so it's not that obvious', which is such a misconception! Anyway, good luck to you ❤

• mhbrz
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    Amazing! I'm on about the same road as you - trying to get from 205 down below 170.
    Can I ask what you were eating? I'm a month in and have only lost 7 so far.....

Lots of different things, but here are some of my favourite go-to meals:

BREAKFAST (300-350kcal)
    - Banana pancakes, makes 3 (1 mushed up banana mixed with 2 eggs, on a pan with coconut oil, and 80g fruit topping and 1 teaspoon honey)
    - 1 mushed up banana + 2 protein weetabix + 75ml semi skimmed milk
    - Bagel 'thin' + 30g light cream cheese + 60g smoked salmon + 10g horseradish + 10g capers
    - 2 slices wholemeal bread + 20g peanut butter + 1 mushed up banana

LUNCH (300-350 kcal)
    - sandwich 'thin' + 40g reduced fat houmous + grated carrot + 50g avocado OR 50g eat lean protein cheese + pickled beetroot + lettuce
    - Sandwich 'thin' + light cream cheese + cucumber + snack for dessert (see below)
    - Wholemeal wrap + 5 slices smoked ham + 15g light mayo + grated carrot + tomato + lettuce
    - 2 slices wholemeal bread + 75g fried onion + 60g low fat halloumi (fried, no oil) + tomato + lettice + lemon juice

DINNER (350-400kcal)
    - 500g spiralized courgette (boiled) + 75g chopped onion fried with olive oil + 30g reduced fat pesto + 30g eat lean protein cheese + 30g sundried tomatoes + 30g rocket salad
    - Big bowl of soup (various boiled veg, no fat but 1 chicken stock cube) + 2 slices bread and light butter
    - 2 slices bread + 200g no added sugar baked beanz + 300g frozen spinach
    - 130g sweet potato, roasted + spinach + 30g reduced sugar ketchup
    - Cauliflower rice stir fried with half as much boiled rice, grated carrots, peas, broccoli, onions, 2 eggs stirred in at the end + pickled ginger + fresh coriander

SNACKS (75-150kcal) twice a day
    - 1 grated apple + 150g skyr (yoghurt)
    - Fruit
    - Fibre One chocolate bar (90 kcal)
    - 2 or 3 rice cakes
    - 2 oat cakes + 30g reduced fat houmous
    - Iced black coffee with sugar free sweetened condensed milk

I use lots of spices too, which I think helps keep me satisfied. Like lemon zest in pancakes, cinnamon on fruit, and lots of turmeric on green vegetables!

I drink lots of water throughout the day, but also black coffee (with semi skimmed milk in mornings) and green tea.

The spiralizer was a revelation! I'm obsessed with it! I'm also careful buying bread that is 50 kcal/slice, no more. Protein cheese is awesome too - hardly any fat and lots of protein. And i highly recommend buying the oil sprays to use less fat for cooking!

Good luck to you! ❤
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! And with no exercise?! I need your killer abs! I still can't see mine (yet). Lol. I have lost 45 lbs but still have a long ways to go and you are a great inspiration. So thanks for that!

Well done on your weight loss, 45lbs is amazing already! And thank you for your support! I only started feeling my hipbones a couple of weeks ago and it freaked me out, hah. And I hadn't even noticed my abs until you mentioned it!

Good luck to you! It's really lovely to know we're not alone on this journey ❤❤❤
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!