No Sugar For 30 Days

Options
13»

Replies

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have only had sugar once in the past 5 months, so I'm already doing this. But, good luck! You can do it!
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Am proud of myself today - I made chocolate chip cookies to send to work with hubby, and I DID NOT eat any!!!
    Great start to today.
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    coolgirl11 wrote: »
    For true food addicts sugar is as bad as cocaine for addictive properties. I gave it up for good not just 30 days and gave up bread too and lost weight but be careful you do not eat more fruit to compensate or curse and other high fats. I feel so much better as this is my lifestyle change. If you are a food addict you try to never go back to it . Check out Susan pierce Thompson PhD she wrote a book about this and it's the best one I have seen about sugar and food addiction and believe me I have read them all!

I think I truly a addicted to sugar :-(. Ate just one little 80 calorie square of chocolate, which turned into a 1100 calorie sugar binge. It's like tasting sugar again wakes up some kind of monster inside me.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I feel ya @Mom2Maika ! It's difficult cutting things out. I'm still going strong. Forth of July will be tough however. I'm my dads DD so I know I won't touch any adult beverages. I'm also making a low carb dish so I know I will have something else to eat besides meat. Stay strong everyone! Also happy early forth of July!
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been so busy, that I have neglected to check in. I have not completely given up my Dr. Pepper habit, but am doing so much better with other sweets. Still working on the soda.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I was around so much bad stuff today! Didn't touch any of it. I had 1 glass of diet Pepsi (i haven't had soda in awhile, i just wanted something besides water).